801st Heavy Armored Regiment
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|801st Heavy Armored Regiment|
|Unit Profile (as of 2443)|
|Parent Formation||Hegemony Armed Forces|
The Terran Hegemony was responsible for the development of the first BattleMech, with the MSK-5S Mackie entering service in 2439. The pilot of the first Mackie to undergo successful testing was Colonel Charles Kincaid, a scion of the wealthy and influential Kincaid family, and Kincaid would go on to command a 'Mech company within the 801st.
The first battle in the history of the Inner Sphere to involve BattleMechs also involved the 801st; a lance of Mackies led by Lt. Colonel Amanda Cunningham from the 801st faced a company of armoured vehicles from the Draconis Combine on the planet Styx, which the Kuritans were attempting to raid. The 'Mechs from the 801st easily handled the Combine tanks and their infantry support outside the city of Barbados; faced with the new Hegemony weapons on a battlefield marred by wet weather conditions and mud, only a single Combine tank and a few infantry were left alive from the raiding party at the end of the battle. This overwhelming victory proved to most that BattleMech technology would be decisive in future battles.
|Commanding Officers of the 801st Heavy Armored Regiment|
- Era Digest: Age of War, p. 5, "The New Knights"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 186, "MSK-9H Mackie: Notable Mechwarriors"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 1, p. 8 "MSK-5S Mackie"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 41, "Planet Profile"