Brion Marik (25th c.)
|Parents||Geralk Marik (father)|
|Siblings|| Simone Marik|
Brion was noted for being tall and charismatic individual whom was known for his keen intelligence.
Youngest son of Geralk Marik, he grew up with his siblings and joined the League's armed forces. He later ascended to become the Commanding Officer of the Marik Guard when his brother Carlos became Captain-General 2475.
However, his brother's paranoia becomes more and more issue, Brion began stirring him men ready for war. Carlos had assembled a fleet of WarShips and atomic weaponry, with some of League's rare BattleMech Regiments in Oriente system for preeminent Strike that would lead war. However, a Terran Hegemony's strike fleet arrived lead by Director-General Theodore Cameron arrived in system and inflicted heavy losses to Free Worlds League fleet.
With this disaster, Brion marshal political/military forces conducted a bloodless coup on Atreus, claiming the Captain-General was not fit to rule. His brother with his surviving forces in Oriente would refuse to acknowledge Brion. After League's Parliament dispatch envoys to convince his brother to take position as Speaker of Parliament, he would rant and rave he would only one worthy to hold position of Captain-General. This outburst among his men, would soon convince most of the surviving naval forces in Oriente to acknowledge orders and return to capital.
Brion would soon ascend to Captain-Generalship in 2477, when his brother flees to periphery and never heard from again. The League prepares for invasion by the Terran Hegemony, when Director-General offers them a Peace treaty instead a year later.
In course of the time, his calming leadership would help ease tensions within the League. He would with the aid of the Hegemony work, alleviate his out his people's fears and tensions. Brion's new relationship with Hegemony would prove help League being invaded. They do jointed military exercises that would discourage House Steiner and House Liao from conducting full-scale campaigns into the League.
At age 61, Brion would die of a heart attack in 2511. His funeral would be attended by Theodore Cameron on Marik at the family's Dormuth estate. His son, Albert would carry on his father's good relationship with Hegemony.
Family and Legacy
His reign would bring well needed calm to League wrenched fears of invasion by the Terran Hegemony. His fostered relationship with then Director-General Theodore Cameron would change the League's paranoid mentality.
Titles and Positions
|Captain-General of the Free Worlds League
2477 (first term)
2481-2482 (second term)
2493 (third term)
2496-2498 (fourth term)
2502-2506 (fifth term)
2508-2511 (sixth term)
| Succeeded by|
Brion's history published in the Handbook: House Marik would note a change in Battletech's original canon history. Handbook would show that at his death, his friend Theodore Cameron would attend his funeral in 2511. However, in the original Star League Sourcebook, Theodore was dead in 2479 due to pneumonia on Thorin.
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 171 Marik Family Tree - Birth, Death and reign in years of Brion Marik noted.
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 85 - Brion's succession number changed 14 to 16 due to newer sourcebook revision.
- Handbook: House Marik, pp. 21, 85 Paradigm Shift & Brion Marik - Brion's characteristics noted various sections.
- Handbook: House Marik, pp. 21, 85 - Brion's History slightly expanded from the original source, including re-done relationship with Theodore Cameron.
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), pp. 17, 171 - Original background and events of Brion's life including him commanding the Marik Guards.
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), pp 17-18 - Brion's son would continue the good relationship and lead to the Star League's formation.
- Star League sourcebook, pp. 30, 182 The Decadent Camerons & The Cameron Family tree - original publication shows the death of Theodore in 2479.