- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- The Black Pants Legion Presents: The Hunchback, Coming August 26
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Clan Smoke Jaguar Unknown facility|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unspecified|
One of the best first generation ProtoMechs, the Centaur combines high speed, decent armor, and a varied weapons mix. These features make it a flexible combatant, able to keep up with scout 'Mechs while supporting them.
Weapons and Equipment
The SRM and LRM missile launchers provide much of the striking power of the Centaur, which then uses the ER Micro Laser to finish off opponents who have been damaged by the missile racks. The only drawback to the Centaur's weaponry is the lack of reloads for the missile systems. With just ten reloads for the SRM-2s and only eight for the LRM rack, a Centaur pilot can rapidly deplete his ammunition stocks. Its armoring is also relatively light; a single hit from a Large Laser will penetrate the center torso. The 45-rated fusion engine helps it maintain a good cruising speed of 65 km/h
- In German products, the unit's proper name was translated to Zentaur.
Original Centaur from TRO:3060
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 199
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 298
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 299 - Civil War era variant of the Centaur.
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 300 - ER Medium Laser variant of the Centaur.
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 301
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 40