- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
- This article is about the Clan variant of the Commando BattleMech. For other uses, see Commando (disambiguation).
|Manufacturer||Marshall Light Assembly Station|
|'Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Model ML-225 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Forging OTR17b with CASE|
|Engine||Fusion 150 Standard|
|Communications System||Build 1685/3 Tacticom|
|Targeting Tracking System||Mark 11 IHADS|
|Heat Sinks||10 double|
During the Amaris Civil War, several Lyran MechWarriors joined with Commanding General Aleksandr Kerensky in defiance of their government's official policy of neutrality. With this came the coup that the Star League Defense Force had attempted to pull off for decades: the acquisition of the Lyran Commando. Long considered one of the better scout 'Mechs in the Inner Sphere, at least one of these Commandos accompanied General Kerensky into exile and several of them appeared in the forces Nicholas Kerensky organized in preparation for Operation KLONDIKE.
As newer weapons and 'Mechs made their way into the Clan arsenal, these Commandos began to show their age, so Clan Goliath Scorpion began a program to upgrade theirs. Dubbed the Commando IIC, this upgrade used newer technologies like Endo Steel to outperform its venerable cousin. With the proliferation of OmniMechs, most Commando IICs were relegated to the status of "reserve" or "second line," though the Scorpions continued to outfit some of their pirate hunters with these 'Mechs. Four and a half tons of armor provide half a ton more protection than the original. Though most Scorpion warriors criticize it for its “inelegant” missile weapons, those who operated it admire its responsive controls. The Commando IIC is capable of destroying most light ’Mechs and even challenging heavier Clan designs like the Ice Ferret. It was nicknamed the "Sucker Punch" by its pilots.
Weapons and Equipment
Two Series 2d ER medium lasers provide energy backup to a Pattern J7 SRM-6 and three SEP Class SRM-4 launchers. These powerful missiles provide devastating barrages, but the wasteful launchers can quickly eat through the Commando IIC's limited ammunition supply. Lacking Streak, or even Artemis IV FCS technology, Warriors must be sparing with their shots.
- Commando - Like other well-known 'Mechs of the Star League-era, the 'Mech would accompany General Kerensky's SLDF-In-Exile and receive a IIC upgrade following their evolution in becoming the Clans.
Original Commando IIC from TRO:3060