Craig K. Erne
|Craig K. Erne|
Craig Keith Erne was born in Springfield, Oregon on June 5, 1971. He was raised in the same area and graduated from South Eugene High School in 1988. Several careers followed, including stints as game event coordinator, writer of atmosphere text and theme for Sierra software's Dynamix division, and football coaching. He went back to college at Colorado Tech in 2006 and graduated in 2008 with an engineering degree.
His earlier work with Dynamix earned him a chance with the people at Catalyst. A lifelong fan of BattleTech, writing for the BattleTech is the pursuit of a dream. His career highlight to date has been a story included in BattleTech: 25 years of Art & Fiction titled Hornet's Nest.
An avid BattleTech player in his spare time, he has organized a group of Oregon-based BattleTech enthusiasts known as The MechWarriors' Union. They have a regular gaming session Saturdays at a Eugene, Oregon gaming store. His biggest BattleTech influences are Michael Stackpole, Sam Lewis, and Robert Charrette. His favorite faction was St. Ives but has since returned to the folds of the Capellan Confederation. His favorite character is Kai Allard-Liao and his favorite BattleTech Novel is Lost Destiny.
- BattleTech Dossiers: Jason Zaklan
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076 - Including Haunted Hills and From the Front.
- Masters & Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers - Including House Liao Personalities and GameMastering Canon NPC's.
- A Time of War: The BattleTech Role Playing Game
- Era Report: 3052
- Technical Readout: 3085 Supplemental
- Technical Readout: Prototypes
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Era Report: 3145
- BattleTech-related works by Craig K. Erne