Craig K. Erne
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
Craig Keith Erne was born in Springfield, Oregon on June 5, 1971. He was raised in the same area and graduated from South Eugene High School in 1988. Several careers followed, including stints as game event coordinator, writer of atmosphere text and theme for Sierra software's Dynamix division, and football coaching. He went back to college at Colorado Tech in 2006 and graduated in 2008 with an engineering degree.
His earlier work with Dynamix earned him a chance with the people at Catalyst. A lifelong fan of BattleTech, writing for the BattleTech is the pursuit of a dream. To date he has been fortunate enough to place pieces of writing in the following Battletech sourcebooks:
Jihad Hot Spots: 3076 - Including Haunted Hills and From the Front. Master & Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers - Including House Liao Personalities and GameMastering Canon NPC's.
He has also worked on the following upcoming titles:
A Time of War: The BattleTech Role Playing Game
Era Book 3052: The Clan Invasion
And Several developing titles to be announced
His career highlight to date has been a story included in BattleTech: 25 years of Art & Fiction titled "Hornet's Nest"
An avid BattleTech player in his spare time, he has organized a group of Oregon-based BattleTech enthusiasts known as The MechWarriors' Union. They have a regular gaming session Saturdays at a Eugene, Oregon gaming store. His biggest BattleTech influences are Michael Stackpole, Sam Lewis, and Robert Charrette. His favorite Faction was St. Ives but has since returned to the folds of the Capellan Confederation. His favorite character is Kai Allard-Liao and his favorite BattleTech Novel is "Lost Detiny".
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- A Time of War: The BattleTech Role Playing Game
- BattleTech Dossiers: Jason Zaklan
- BattleTech: 25 Years of Art & Fiction - Hornet's Nest