Extended Range Small Pulse Laser
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
|ER Small Pulse Laser|
|Ammo Per Ton||N/A|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||N/A|
The Extended Range Small Pulse Laser is the smallest ER Pulse Laser created by the scientists of Clan Wolf. Like the weapon that inspired it, the pulse laser offers the warrior using it a better chance of hitting a target. Unfortunately, the longer range of the weapon slightly reduces its accuracy when compared to traditional pulse laser weapons.
The ER Small Pulse Laser was likely the first weapon developed in its family, as small lasers are cheaper than their larger cousins. Although the weapon inflicts as much damage as a standard Medium Laser, the ER Small Pulse Laser's range isn't significantly better than the Small Pulse Laser or ER Small Lasers already in use with the Clans. In fact, an OmniMech could mount three ER Small Lasers for every ER Small Pulse Laser and inflict more damage for the same heat cost. The only offsetting advantage is the fact that the ER Small Pulse Laser would be slightly easier to aim.
Though the ER Pulse laser series reached the advanced prototype stage in 3057, the events of the Refusal War and the formation of Clan Wolf-in-Exile prevented them from reaching production. Clan Wolf lost many of the developers to Clan Wolf-in-Exile, and the Exiled Wolves were too busy trying to survive to begin production of these weapons.
- Tactical Operations, pp. 406-407, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Construction Data"
- Tactical Operations, p. 320, "ER Pulse Laser"