Fusilier (Battle Armor)
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- The Black Pants Legion Presents: The Hunchback, Coming August 26
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Top Speed||10 km/h|
|Jump Range||60 m|
|Armor Type||Basic Stealth|
General Motors began production of the Fusilier battle armor suit at their plant in Salem in the early 3120s while there was no particular demand for the suit; despite being both too heavy and too slow, the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns purchased supplies of the Fusilier for a decade before GM began producing an upgraded version, but the Fusilier would continue to remain an odd capability within AFFS units.
Whereas other battlesuits in service to the AFFS typically earned a reputation based around their distinguishing characteristics, the best description of the Fusilier is "solid". As a heavy combat suit, the Fusilier combined aspects of the Grenadier and Sea Fox, and was designed to serve as a line unit alongside other similar suits. Because it was so slow-moving, the Fusilier mounted a Jump Booster to increase its mobility.
Weapons and Equipment
The Fusilier mounted two weapon systems, a Magshot Gauss Rifle with ten rounds of ammunition in the right arm and a Light Machine Gun with fifty rounds of ammunition in the body. An Armored Glove was installed on the left arm.
- Manufactured by GM in the 3130s, the upgraded version of the Fusilier downgraded the Jump Booster, reducing the effective jump distance of the suit to just thirty meters, and removed the Magshot; the capacity freed up by doing so allowed it to mount a Plasma Rifle and twenty rounds of ammunition. The armor package on the Fusilier was also reworked, replacing the Basic Stealth armor of the original with Reflective Armor. BV (2.0) = 73. The Fusilier (Upgrade) used the Inner Sphere (Advanced) Tech Base.