Hachiman Technical Institute
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Hachiman Technical Institute|
Hachiman Technical Institute Logo
|Founding Year||Succession War era|
|Battlefield Repair and Technical Training|
Hachiman Technical Institute (HTI), located on Hachiman, was created by Coordinator Hugai Kurita solely to focus on battlefield repair and technical training, teaching students to repair everything from BattleMechs to Aerospace Fighters and DropShips. In addition, this school has a special class devoted to scrounging parts from a city and using almost any kind of scrap to fix a 'Mech. Enrollment in HTI's two-year program is unique in that it largely takes only candidates who have been rejected by one of the Draconis Combine's other military academies, as well as a small number of recommended trade school graduates. In partnership with ComStar's Explorer Corps, HTI also accepts a limited number of transfers and runs a joint one-year certification program on Ningxia focusing to scourging and extreme field repairs.
Students of HTI undergo an unique final exam before their graduation. On Linqing, HTI maintains a five million square kilometer compound littered with billions of tons of junk. Potential graduates are deposited at one end of the compound and given a set amount of time to reach the DropStation using only what they can find within the compound to construct their transport. Since the start of the 31st century, approximately ninety percent of students have graduated from HTI.
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 137
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 146