- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Armor||Unknown w/ Null Signature System|
|Engine||105 rated (Unknown Type)|
|Speed||54  km/h|
By virtue of being exclusive to an official albeit not positively canonical product, the game and the 'Mechs presented therein including this one must be considered apocryphal.
The Hackman is armed with a single Gauss Rifle and two Crossbow SRM-4 launchers. It also has Null Signature technology for avoiding enemy radar and sneaking behind enemy lines, and likely carries either Ferro-Fibrous Armor, or an ECM Suite and Stealth Armor. The mech also weighs 35 tons, and travels at 54 km/h, making it rather slow for a Light 'Mech (in all likelihood, powered by a 105-rated Fusion Engine). It is possible that the engine was downgraded to enable it to carry the Gauss Rifle, seeing as even the Clan model weighs 13.5 tons, nearly a third of the mech's total weight.
- Clan-spec Gauss Rifle with unspecified (but generous) quantity of ammunition. This gives it some pretty decent long range firepower for a light mech.
- Two Crossbow SRM-4 launchers, again with an unspecified (but generous) quantity of ammunition. These serve as a servicable back-up weapon at close range.
- In an unusual move that goes against the usual BattleTech universe standards 'Mech speeds are expressed in mp/h rather than km/h, as such the speed figure has been converted to km/h for this article.
- Given that the Owens is equipped with hard-mounted electronic warfare equipment, combined with the fact that Null Signature technology is Lostech, it is possible that what the Hackman is actually protected by is a form of Stealth Armor, being powered by an ECM Suite.
- The Hackman runs only around half as quickly as the Owens. Given that it carries a Gauss Rifle, and that in MechAssault the SRMs and Gauss Rifle have [nearly] limitless ammunition, it is likely that a lot of the weight was devoted towards carrying that quantity of ammunition.
- Deduced from speed and mass, under BattleTech construction rules
- MechAssault 2 player's manual, page 10