- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Indra Infantry Transport|
|Armor||Compound K4 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||Consolidated Type 2I|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series VI KITT|
The Indra Infantry Transport excels at its role as a personnel carrier with three tons of cargo space. It can deliver its payload swiftly to the battlefield with a top speed of 86 km/h, though not as fast as some other transports can. It compensates for that with five tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor that keep its crew safe from even the most damaging gun in the Clan arsenal. The members of the scientist caste who engineered the Indra tried to keep its motive systems safe by using HarJel to repair small tears in the tires. Though this is ineffective against most anti-vehicle weapons, it keeps the tires inflated against the hazards of the road.
Weapons and Equipment
The Indra takes its name from the Hindu god of weather and war, who wields a lightning bolt as if it were a bow and arrow. This name likely comes from the Type 22 ER PPC mounted on the front of the combat vehicle. The man-made lightning bolt is capable of inflicting heavy damage to enemies in its way, enabling the Indra's crew to clear a path. It also has a turret with four Series IX Machine Guns that serve to support its own infantry forces in battle against enemy infantry. The quad mount also proves effective against opposing vehicles.
- Indra Infantry Transport (BA)
- This Jihad variant of the Indra was revised & updated for its mission of transporting Battle Armor. Its vehicle Infantry Bay was expanded to 5 tons. The vehicle's original weaponry was completely replaced. It now has a front-mounted Plasma Cannon with 20 rounds. For infantry protection, the vehicle was outfitted with a quad of AP Gauss Rifles mounted on a turret and 80 rounds of ammunition were stored in the vehicle's main body. For protection to the rear, the vehicle was given a single B-Pod. To improve the vehicles sensors, a Light Active Probe was added. BV (2.0) = 728
- MUL online date for the Indra
- Combat Operations, p. 108
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 69
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 70 - Indra - Jihad era Battle Armor Transport variant.
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 46-47