- Community Outreach - The Cauldron's Bear_cl4w and Krasnopesky Talk MechWarrior Online
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Read more →
|Indra Infantry Transport|
|Armor||Compound K4 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||Consolidated Type 2I|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series VI KITT|
The Indra Infantry Transport excels at its role as a personnel carrier with three tons of cargo space. It can deliver its payload to the battlefield swiftly with a top speed of 86 km/h, though it is not as fast as some other transports. It compensates for that with five tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor that keeps its crew safe from even the most damaging weapons in the Clan arsenal. The members of the scientist caste who engineered the Indra tried to keep its motive systems safe by using HarJel to repair small tears in the tires. Though this is ineffective against most anti-vehicle weapons, it keeps the tires inflated against the hazards of the road.
Weapons and Equipment
The Indra takes its name from the Hindu god of weather and war, who wields a lightning bolt as if it were a bow and arrow. This name likely comes from the Type 22 ER PPC mounted on the front of the combat vehicle. The man-made lightning bolt is capable of inflicting heavy damage to enemies in its way, enabling the Indra's crew to clear a path. It also has a turret with four Series IX Machine Guns that serve to support its own infantry forces in battle against enemy infantry. The quad mount also proves effective against opposing vehicles.
- Indra Infantry Transport (BA)
- This Jihad variant of the Indra was revised & updated for its mission of transporting Battle Armor. Its vehicle Infantry Bay was expanded to 5 tons. The vehicle's original weaponry was completely replaced. It now has a front-mounted Plasma Cannon with 20 rounds. For infantry protection, the vehicle was outfitted with a quad of AP Gauss Rifles mounted on a turret and 80 rounds of ammunition were stored in the vehicle's main body. For protection to the rear, the vehicle was given a single B-Pod. To improve the vehicles sensors, a Light Active Probe was added. BV (2.0) = 728
Original Indra from TRO:3060
- MUL online date for the Indra
- Combat Operations, p. 108
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 69
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 70 - Indra - Jihad era Battle Armor Transport variant.
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 46-47