Ironhold (Battle Armor)
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|Ironhold Assault Battle Armor|
|Top Speed||10 km/h|
|Armor Type||Standard Armor|
|BV (2.0)|| 77 (Standard)|
The Ironhold Assault Battle Armor was developed by Clan Jade Falcon during the Jihad. The roots of the Ironhold go back to development of the Anti-Personnel Gauss Rifle in 3069. After the success of that weapon, a new project codenamed Project Ferrum was started to develop a new suit of battle armor with the support of the Elemental Trinary of 3rd Falcon Talon Cluster. Once development was completed, the Ironhold was successfully and covertly tested in the Periphery. It was believed that Ironhold could replace the Clan's ProtoMechs against Inner Sphere forces based on combat results.
It wasn't until 3077 when the factory on Sudeten could be brought online to mass produce the suit. The mass-produced Ironholds first saw combat in June of '77 when deployed by Talon's Elemental Trinary with Devlin Stone's Coalition efforts on Shiloh.
Weapons and Equipment
The Armor's main weapons are its arm mounted AP Gauss Rifles. Each of the large guns has been allotted 20 rounds of ammunition.
- The Fire variant of the Ironhold is geared as a more traditional Assault Battle Armor developed in 3082. It firepower is doubled by the addition of second pair of AP Gauss Rifles mounted on the main body. Due to stability issues, the Armor's Jump Jets have been removed. The armor type has been changed from Standard to Fire-Resistant Armor. BV(2.0)=108, 562
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 130-131, "Ironhold Assault Battle Armor"
- MUL online date for the Ironhold (Battle Armor)
- MUL online entry for the Ironhold Assault Battle Armor (Fire) variant
- MUL online entry for the Ironhold Assault Battle Armor (Anti-Tank) variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 32