Marcus Protectorate Militia
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
|Marcus Protectorate Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3077)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The Marcus Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Marcus. As of 3075 it was the only unit raised from this planet.
In June 3077 the First Kell Hounds Regiment led by Akira Brahe raided Marcus as part of Operation SCOUR and engaged the Marcus Protectorate Militia in several cities. The unit was also able to take and destroy a WoB arsenal hidden under stored grain in three of the buildings of a hidden firebase.
Less than a month later, a Coalition assault force formed by the Third Lyran Guards, the Clan Wolf-in-Exile Beta Galaxy and the Marlette Crucis March Militia landed as part of the real invasion they shattered the rest of the militia.
|Commanding Officers of the Marcus Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment
- Total Chaos, pp. 169-170 "HOUNDS OF WAR"
- Total Chaos, p. 164-165, "MARCUS"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"