- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Time period:||to 3068|
|Capital world:||New Canton|
The Triumvirate was founded by the Governor of New Canton, Count Ledo Balatine, after Archon Katherine Steiner-Davion issued a recall of all Lyran units fighting under the FedCom banner back to the newly formed Lyran Alliance. Immediately upon the retreat of the two Lyran units garrisoning the worlds, various pro-Liao and indigenous movements sprung up to fill the gap of a central government.
Although Tall Trees and Saiph were largely left alone during the subsequent attempted Liao takeover of the newly formed Chaos March, the planet of New Canton was invaded by a branch of the elite Liao mercenary unit, McCarron's Armored Cavalry. Opposing them on New Canton was the diehard Davionist unit, the 1st Kestrel Grenadiers. The two sides fought each other to a bloody stalemate, until various shadowy units attacked both sides on the planet and forced them to withdraw.
Sensing an opportunity, Count Balatine declared the formation of an independent New Cantonese government, and immediately sent regular troops to the planets of Tall Trees and Saiph to aid the indigenous groups' struggles against the pro-Liao forces on the planet. Upon the Liaoist forces' defeat, Count Balatine declared the Sapih Triumvirate to be extant.
Saiph Defending Forces
Tall Trees Defending Forces
New Canton Defending Forces
- Chaos March, p. 16, "Alliances"