|Mech type||Inner Sphere OmniMech|
|Engine||Magna 250 XL|
|Communications System||Barret Party Line-200|
|Targeting Tracking System||Wasat Argent with OmniLink|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Speed||86 kph km/h (97 kph km/h with TSM)|
Built by Ronin Inc of Wallis, the Sarath was the former Free Worlds League first OmniMech. The 'Mech was named for the assumed guise of the mystic Hindu god Krishna. When it was first produced, it was considered a 'Mech of high prestige. Export of the Sarath would be barred and held exclusively for the use of the Regulan military.
However, the 'Mech gained a bad reputation due to the short-lived invasion of the Aitutaki in 3134. The 'Mech performed well, enabling the Regulans to capture the former Regulan planet. Despite a great performance, however, the 4th Regulan Hussars' defeat and Fief's losing control of the planet to the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth gave the 'Mech a bad stigma, where being assigned to the Sarath was seen as a sign of a MechWarrior falling out of favor with their peers.
Weapons and Equipment
One of the 'Mech's most distinguishing traits was that it was constructed using a combination of advanced Inner Sphere and Clan technologies. The Sarath was constructed as an OmniMech, one of its distinguishing features being that 15 of its 19 tons of pod capacity were placed in the BattleMech turret. The 'Mech also had been designed to have enhanced movement and strength, in comparison to other similar designs. This is due, in part, to its 250-Rated extra-light fusion engine and use of TSM in its construction. Aside from its quad turret, the 'Mech possessed only one fixed weapon, a Magna Mk. IV extended range small laser mounted in its head.
The Sarath's primary configuration features a number of weapons mounted in its turret. Usage of the turret allows the prime configuration to bring most of its weapons to bear on any direction. The turreted weapons include a heavy PPC, light PPC, and one of the 'Mech's two ER medium lasers. Its other ER medium laser is installed in the 'Mech's center torso, with the Beagle Active Probe. To take advantage of the 'Mech's TSM, each leg actuator is fitted with spikes.
- Alt. Config. A
- This configuration of the Sarath is configured for a fire support role. Using Clan Sea Fox as its supplier for some its weapons, the 'Mech boasts two Clan 15-tubed long-range missile launchers and two multi-missile launchers found in the turret. The 'Mech's ammunition is stored mostly in the 'Mech's four legs. Enhanced mobility is achieved by fitting it with five jump jets. The configuration's only energy weapon, aside from its fixed laser, is a Clan version ER small laser mounted in the center torso. BV(2.0)= 1,738
- Alt. Config. B
- Designed for close assault, the Sarath-B, features a single plasma rifle, two ER medium lasers, and four ER flamers fitted into its turret. For use in melee combat, four Clan produced talons are mounted, one in each of the 'Mech's feet. When combined with the TSM, the talons allow the Sarath-B to demonstrate its physical prowess. The plasma rifle is allotted two tons of ammunition. BV(2.0)=1,475
The Sarath has the following Design Quirks:
- MUL online date for the Sarath
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, pp. 28, 81 Sarath - BV2
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 250
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 28, Sarath
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, pp. 28-29, 81 Sarath - Stats
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, pp. 28, 82 Sarath - A Configuration
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 251
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, pp. 28, 83 Sarath - B Configuration
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 252