- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Sasayaku Control Transport|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Wheeled (Medium)|
|Cruise Speed||54 km/h|
|Flank Speed||80 km/h|
|Power Plant||Fuel Cell (Electrical)|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||1,212 km|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||7|
|Crew|| Total 5
The Sasayaku Control Transport is a light Wheeled Support Vehicle that is used by the police of the Draconis Combine. Based on the Obuzaabaa Tactical Vehicle, the Sasayaku is used as a surveillance Drone control vehicle. It is often used with the Gossamer Surveillance Drone, and the vehicle is typically used keep quiet vigil on criminal elements in the Combine.
Equipment and Capabilities
Built using typical civilian construction methods, the Sasayaku is not intended for direct military action. The Sasayaku is a fairly mobile vehicle, sporting modest speeds and the ability to operate on and off-road thanks to its chassis modifications. The vehicle's hull is protected by two tons of BAR 7 Grade Commercial Armor, which allows it handle hostile fire from criminal elements.
For its intended purpose as a drone control vehicle, the Sasayaku has a 2.5 ton Drone Control System, which includes a launcher in the rear of the vehicle. The vehicle also features a small five ton cargo hold and a two ton Infantry Compartment.
- 5 Ton Cargo - 1 Door (Right Side)
- 2 ton Infantry Compartment - 1 Door (Rear)
The Sasayaku shares its image with the Obuzaabaa Tactical Vehicle. The write-up for the vehicle describes the launch bay for the Gossamer Drone found in the rear of the vehicle. However, the stats for the vehicle does not show the cargo bay being accessible from right side of the vehicle, similarly to the Obuzaabaa.
- Handbook: House Kurita pp. 194 & 206, Sasayaku - "Battle Value 2 and century of introduction only."
- Handbook: House Kurita pp. 194 & 206, Sasayaku - "Background information of vehicle."
- Handbook: House Kurita pp. 194 & 206, Sasayaku - "Equipment and Capacities."