|Manufacturer||Vining Engineering and Salvage Team|
|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||VEST 201 Charlie|
|Engine||EXP 425 XXL|
|Communications System||Irian TelStar|
|Targeting Tracking System||O/P 2000|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
A Solaris VII BattleMech, the Sasquatch was to be VEST's entry into the Assault 'Mech category. After producing a prototype 'Mech, someone stole it out of the VEST facility. VEST immediately redesigned the Sasquatch to destroy the stolen 'Mech. To increase the speed over the original, engineers used an XXL engine. By stripping out the secondary weapons of the original, VEST was able to increase armor protection and add a Large Shield for additional protection. The stolen prototype Sasquatch faced the updated model, and was soundly defeated.
Weapons and Equipment
The Sasquatch's main armament is its Grizzard Model 200 Gauss rifle, which is backed up by three Martell-X Medium X-Pulse Lasers and a single Exostar Small Laser. For additional protection, it mounts a Large Shield on its left arm.
- The original Sasquatch mounted a smaller VOX 340 XL engine, but several Jump Jets to compensate for the smaller engine. It also mounted a ton less armor, but had better armament in the form of a Gauss rifle, four medium pulse lasers, a small laser, two machine guns, and an anti-missile system. BV (2.0) = 1,940
- While still being tested, this variant mounts improved jump jets, giving it the ability to jump two hundred and forty meters. A large pulse laser and three additional double heat sinks are added, but at the cost of the Gauss rifle, the large shield and a medium X-pulse laser. BV (2.0) = 1,735
The Sasquatch has the following Design Quirks:
Original Sasquatch from Solaris: The Reaches
Sasquatch from TRO:3055 Upgrade
- Author Blaine Lee Pardoe stated in a blog entry that, according to his memory which he admitted could be wrong, he created the Sasquatch for the first product featuring it, Solaris: The Reaches.
- ↑ MUL online date for the Sasquatch
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 168
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 274
- ↑ Solaris: The Reaches, p. 58
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 273
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 275
- ↑ BattleMech Manual, p. 94, "BattleMech Quirk Table"