- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Protectorate Defense Conglomerate|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Primitive)|
|Power Plant||220 Primitive|
|Tracking & Targeting System||???|
Originally a Terran Hegemony design, the Star Dagger found its way to the Draconis Combine when the SLDF upgraded their aerospace forces. For many centuries the design was used as the premier fighter because it could be produced in large numbers and its inexpensive maintenance cost kept them favoured by the admiralty. With the arrival of the Sabre design, the days of the Star Dagger were numbered.
The Jihad created the need for anything that could fly to defend the aerospace of the Protectorate. The Protectorate Defense Conglomerate heeded the call and began to produce the Star Dagger again. No questions were asked how they could build the design without any license from the DCMS.
Weapons and Equipment
Armed only with weak laser weapons and machine guns, the Star Dagger could deal only marginal damage to any modern fighter. However, the large fuel supply allows its pilots to maintain extended patrols. 
- This variant is upgraded with standard components. The engine is replaced with one of a 240 rating and the small laser with a second medium laser. The armor is significantly increased.
- MUL online date for the Star Dagger
- XTRO:RetroTech, p. 12 - BV2 listed.
- Experimental Technical Readout: RetroTech, p. 14
- Second Succession War, p. 110, "Draconis Combine"