- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August, 2021
- Sarna Interviews Ray Arrastia, BattleTech Line Developer At Catalyst Games
- Community Outreach - Converting HBS’s BATTLETECH Campaign To Tabletop With Riley Centrella
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June, 2021
- Read more →
Auto-Redirect to MRM
Every time I try to navigate to this page from the search bar, I instead get auto-redirected to the page on Medium Range Missiles. I would like to suggest that the two pages actually be merged. ~Amaroq Starwind~ (talk) 20:13, 19 April 2018 (EDT)
- Fixed the redirect. Are DF Missiles a prototype for MRMs of just a similar technology?--Dmon (talk) 20:37, 19 April 2018 (EDT)
Just a similar technology. They were first introduced in Tactical Handbook (back when FASA owned BattleTech), but were later replaced by MRMs upon their introduction. Afterwards, however, Dead-Fire missiles reappeared in Interstellar Operations (under modified rules) as a prototype special munition in the Clan Invasion era, though the fluff for them was updated to reflect their eventual replacement by the MRM.
- Under the new rules, instead of rolling 3d6 on the cluster table and subtracting the best die, you roll 2d6 as normal and subtract 3 from the result (with results less than 2 being equaling only 1 missile). In exchange for this improvement, however, they also have a reduced range, and they cannot be combined with other special munitions such as Acid SRMs or Inferno SRMs. Additionally, due to their lack of guidance mechanisms, they cannot benefit from Artemis systems or NARC beacons. A shame that there aren't any Dead-Fire ELRMs, because those would be a fun substitute for an AC/2.