I am not sure what came first for me, MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat Video Game or the BattleTech: The Animated Series, at this point I had no idea how important this universe I had just stumbled across would become. MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries came next and then a gap for a couple of years and then I found Technical Readout: 3050 Revised in my local comic shop (circa '98). At this point I realized that this universe was a tabletop game for the first time!
I found sourcing BattleTech books in the UK a slow and expensive process using my local (not very friendly) comic shop, it was about a decade before I discovered that said comic shop was situated five minutes walk from Ral Parthas european headquarters. MechCommander 2 and MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries kept the torch burning until MechWarrior: Dark Age came out in 2003 and for the first time ever getting physical product became easy.
I have been working on Sarna since Feb 2007, I was promoted to Admin in November 2019 having contributed about 30,000 edits to the wiki at the time. I backed the 2018 Video Game (no. 23,284) and the 2019 Clan Invasion crowdfunding campaign (no. 2,863). Mercenaries number 24,871.
After accusing Catalyst Game Labs of mismanaging the IP in the wake of the collapse of BattleCorps in 2016 and release of the extremely shoddy Technical Readout: Succession Wars in 2017, I am incredibly happy to see that in 2019 CGL have not only reversed direction but seem to be pushing BT back towards greatness.
Let the good times roll.
Current Project Jobs
- Project Planets, Update Planet Infobox to new standard. Category:Planets.
- Project Stellar Cartography, Create redirects for moons. Category:Moons.
- Category:Systems with Undetermined Coordinates
- To Do List
- [KS canon characters] for List of Clan Invasion Kickstarter Characters
- BTW Edit Counter
- Special Pages
- Article Count History
- Considered for deletion
- New pages
- Articles with no sources
- Needed pages
Human Sphere searchable PDF map
Lifted from Volts page since he deleted everything.
- PDF Maps made with Excel scatter chart and Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler Add-in, showing all identified systems as of February 2022. Maps are borderless so people can use them for whatever suits their fancy (would appreciate a shout-out to the SUCS in any case). Systems names use the SUCK convention (system names, including alternate names or name changes plus the year, instead of the more popular or Official Map names)