Technical Readout: Succession Wars
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Technical Readout: Succession Wars|
|Development|| Ray Arrastia |
Randall N. Bills and Brent Evans
|Primary writing|| Geoff Swift |
|Cover artwork|| Marco Mazzoni (Cover Art) |
Ray Arrastia (Cover Design)
|Illustrations|| Brent Evans |
David R. Deitrick
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published||July 22 2017|
|Era||Succession Wars era|
|Timeline||3025 - 3039|
|Followed by||Technical Readout: Clan Invasion|
This is first volume in a series of Technical Readout by Era, which is designed as an introductory companion volume to go with the BattleMech Manual, and thus primarily addressing new players, Technical Readout: Succession Wars is a compilation of 'Mech designs from Technical Readout: 3039, Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, and Technical Readout: 3075 with a selection of designs stretching from the Age of War to the cusp of Clan Invasion in a single book.
While most of the book's content is taken verbatim from Technical Readout products that preceded it, a small number of new art pieces and entirely new variants are included. Conversely, a few 'Mech designs were omitted because of (new) unseen concerns even though some of these (including namely the Stinger, Wasp, Phoenix Hawk, Rifleman, Archer, Warhammer, Marauder, and Longbow) were extremely common to the point of being iconic in the Succession Wars timeframe.
The book was start point of reorganizing Technical Readouts by Era verse by Year in attempt to make the series more new user friendly.
From the back cover
|“|| Kings of the Battlefield
On February 5, 2439, the Mackie obliterated all opposition during its first combat trial, ushering in a new era of warfare. The BattleMech—King of the Battlefield—was born. BattleMechs reached their pinnacle during the golden age of the Star League. The fall of the Star League and the Succession Wars that raged for centuries afterward took their toll and by the Fourth Succession War, the technology employed on the battlefields was a mere shadow of what it once was. However, the discovery of the Helm Memory Core unlocked the technological potential to develop new BattleMechs and experimental technologies for the first time in centuries.
- Night Hawk
- Hermes II
- Icarus II
- Shadow Hawk
- Black Knight
- King Crab
- Thunder Hawk
- The Icarus II is present in the volume despite being excluded from the table of contents.
- As of this writing it isn't clear if these books are replacing original version Technical Readouts and how other units such as Combat Vehicles, Aerospace Units, ProtoMechs, and Battle Armor / Infantry will be published.