|Manufacturer||Bell Refit Yards
Confederation Defense Corporation (destroyed in FSW)
|'Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Armor||Ceres Shield 2.2|
|Communications System||Zenith Sqwak Box 4|
|Targeting Tracking System||Maui Missile Trak|
|Heat Sinks||10 single|
|Jump Jets||Anderson Propulsion 12|
Originally designated the "Weapon-Armed 'Mech-Alpha", the first generation BattleMech produced by the Capellan Confederation in 2483 was widely known for its use of Inferno missiles. After 11 years of service, a second generation model began production on Boardwalk, and observers noted that this second-generation version was not a "WAM-B", but a "Fire-B" prompting the BattleMech to be redesignated as the FRB-1E Firebee. Eventually a third generation Firebee began production on Exedor in 2524. This factory continued production until its destruction in the beginning phases of the First Succession War.. With its aggressive role of anti-tank warfare, the Firebee would not see combat past the 2900's.
The Firebee has a top speed of 86 km/h, fast for a light 'Mech of its day. It was also quite maneuverable, with enough jump jets to leap 150 meters in the air. Six tons of armor provides significant protection for such a small machine.
Weapons and Equipment
The Firebee mounts a Star Cutter 80cm large laser, giving it respectable firepower at range, while up close four Maui Crossbow SRM-2 launchers can unleash a dangerous eight missile burst. With its two tons of ammunition for the SRM launchers, MechWarriors can use either inferno or standard missiles. Either way, the Firebee is a potent anti-vehicle platform.
- The original Firebee used a single LRM-5 backed up by a trio of SRM-2s. The primitive engine provided a top speed of 85 km/h, more than enough to engage armored vehicles, infantry, and supporting heavier units. However, the lack of jump jets, combined with six and a half tons of primitive armor, forced pilots to pay attention to the terrain to insure they could move effectively. BV (2.0) = 452
- Two Firebees left over from the Age of War were upgraded in 3071 when Sun-Tzu Liao revealed that he had survived the WarShip bombardment of Sian. They are protected by stealth armor and the requisite Guardian ECM suite, while the large laser and SRM-2s replaced with a plasma rifle and an MML-5. Two tons of ammo feed the rifle, and two bins for missiles allows the MML to choose between long or short range munitions. BV (2.0) = 1,067
- Firebee WI-WAM MilitiaMech
- Introduced by Wesley Industries after Gray Monday, this IndustrialMech version of the Firebee carries a Thunderbolt 10 and single RL-10. The speed and armor protection is severely lacking compared to other Firebee variants because it uses the same chassis, fuel cell engine, and armor of the DemolitionMech produced by Wesley. BV (2.0) = 456
The Firebee has the following Design Quirks:
The WAM-B Firebee variant is subject to the following Design Quirks:
- Difficult to Maintain
- Extended Torso Twist
- Non-Standard Parts
- Poor Workmanship
- Weak Legs
- Yinghuochong - A thirty-second-century scout killer built around an updated version of the Firebee's chassis, the Yinghuochong mounts advanced recon equipment and carries as its sole weapon a fearsome Clantech ER PPC. 
Original Firebee from TRO:3075
Experimental WAM-B Firebee from XTRO:Primitives III
- ↑ Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 7
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Technical Readout: Succession Wars, pp. 32–33: "FRB-2E Firebee"
- ↑ MUL online date for the Firebee
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 3
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 242-243, "Firebee Profile"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 227
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 140
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 228
- ↑ Master Unit List: "Firebee introduction dates"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 229
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 141
- ↑ Technical Readout: Irregulars, p. 34
- ↑ Technical Readout: Irregulars, p. 98
- ↑ BattleMech Manual, p. 91: Design Quirk Table - Firebee Entry.
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 4
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 30: "Yinghuochong"