The mammoth Hellespont Industrials was founded on 17 July 2792. It is the single largest manufacturer of Combat Vehicles in the Capellan Confederation, in addition to being both one of the most advanced 'Mech production facilities and the primary producer of advanced armor types in the Liao state.
Hellespont Industrials was at one time the second largest manufacturer of weapons in the Capellan Confederation, giving Earthwerks Ltd. strong competition for critical BattleMech production contracts. However, at the height of the Succession Wars, Marik and Kurita attacks all but wiped out this firm's 'Mech production capabilities. In an effort to avoid total ruin, Hellespont relocated its remaining factory workers and production equipment to the more easily defensible capital of the Confederation, Sian, settling on the production of less expensive and more easily constructable Combat Vehicles, becoming the single largest producer of such vehicles in the Capellan state. The company, however, never forgot its role and during the end of Third Succession War had again taken on 'Mech research and development, primarily the salvaging and improvement of captured 'Mechs but also the development of the Raven electronic warfare 'Mech.
With the loss of yet further Capellan BattleMech production facilities during the Fourth Succession War and the technology boom brought about by the discovery of the Helm Memory Core, Hellespont received a large portion of the scant funds and resources available in the Confederation to expand its facilities and reintroduced advanced lostech. Just prior to the Clan Invasion, the company began production of a modernized Raven. After its success Hellespont used the well-received and popular ECM 'Mech as the basis for new designs using Stealth Armor and OmniPod technology. Hellespont also produces a large portion of the advanced armor, chassis, and equipment used in other modern Liao 'Mech and vehicle designs.
The Hellespont plant on Sian was lucky during the Jihad, at least in relative terms, compared to many other industrial facilities across the Inner Sphere; while it was damaged during the various battles for control of Sian, it escaped being destroyed. How much Hellespont owes the survival of the plant to the CCAF and MAF forces on Sian and how much it owes to the influence Kali Liao had with the Word of Blake is open to debate. Despite the reduced production from the Hellespont plant, the two-year backlog of orders for Pillagers in place by mid-3081 was actually due to a bottleneck outside the control of the factory—a shortage of electronic systems produced by Ceres was actually to blame.
Although Hellespont apparently intended to close the Betelgeuse facility in 3079, the factory remained open until at least mid-3081; no longer supplying RetroTech BattleMechs, the plant was continuing to produce new UrbanMechs and had converted the RetroTech production lines into refit lines, upgrading primitive Firebees to modern standards. It was later revealed that the factory was never closed at all but continued expanded production in secret to supply the CCAF's Hidden Lion regiments with matériel.
Mandrissa Alana Morgaine became the CEO of Hellespont Industrials three years before the Fourth Succession War in 3025 and was in that position to at least 3076. She was 89 years old in 3076 and her nephew Aaron Morgaine was expected to take over the company when she eventually decided to step down.
Hellespont Industrials has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
To protect their corporation during the Jihad, Hellespont chose to reactivate their Betelgeuse facility. After the Jihad ended, the factory was once again shut down. It was later discovered during Operation Great Flood that the facility not only remained active but has expanded to produce the Yinghuochong and Firebee. Production of the Firebee was stockpiled for years in hidden depots for use in the Hidden Lion regiments.
|Components produced on Betelgeuse:|
|Icarus||Primitive Light BattleMech|
|Wasp||Primitive Light BattleMech|
|UM-R93 UrbanMech||Light BattleMech|
|FRB-3E Firebee||Light BattleMech|
|YHC-3E Yinghuochong||Light BattleMech|
|HW1 Hwacha||Wheeled Vehicles|
|Extralight Fusion Engine|
|Hermes 210 XL||Yinghuochong|
|Anderson High Propulsion 12s||Yinghuochong|
|Hellespont Lite ferro-fibrous||Yinghuochong|
|Zenith Sqwak Box 7||Yinghuochong|
|Apple Churchill 2000 w/TAG and Remote Sensor Dispenser||Yinghuochong|
|Modified Type DDS "Kingston" - imported from Clan Sea Fox||Yinghuochong|
Note: Since the start of the Jihad, the facility on Sian, suffers a capital and personal losses of 50%, and the operating capacity of the factory is reduced to 82% of their main production volume in 3079.
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 120: "Hellespont Industrials" profile
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 134
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 101: "Sian Commonality"
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 16
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 29: "Sian Commonality"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 57
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 134: "Hellespont Industrials Company Profile"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 29, "Sian Commonality"
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 3, "State of the Industry Table"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 2, p. 7
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 30, Produced Yinghuochong components
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 29, "Sian Commonality"
- Experimental Technical Readout: RetroTech, p. 9, Produced Hwacha Vehicle
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 27, Produced Inner Sphere Standard Battle Armor on Sian
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 20, Produced Fa Shih Battle Armor on Sian
- Objective Raids, p. 145, Produced Hellespont Industrials components
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 60, Produced Sha Yu components on Sian
- Technical Readout, p. 92, Produced Shen Yi 'Mech components
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 228, Produced Pillager components on Sian
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 102, Produced Men Shen components on Sian
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 18
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix, p. 18, Produced Wasp 3L 'Mech components
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 230, Produced Wasp 8T components
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 58, Produced Ebony components
- Experimental Technical Readout: Liao, p. 3, Produced Experimental Raven 'Mech variant
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 44, Produced Pegasus Vehicle components
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 64, Produced Maxim Vehicle components
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 34, Produced Scorpion Vehicle components
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 30, Produced Raven 'Mech components
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 34, Produced Assassin 'Mech components
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 7, Produced Shen Long Battle Armor
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 44, Produced Tian-Zong components
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 34, Produced Raven II components
- First Succession War (sourcebook), p. 156 "Rules Annex - Technical Readout - WSP-1D/1K/1L Wasp"
- Field manual: 3145, p. 29, "Sian Commonality"
- Tactical Handbook, p. 55
- Experimental Technical Readout: Liao
- Experimental Technical Readout: RetroTech
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 2
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Liao
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- Objective Raids
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation
- Tactical Handbook
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3060
- Technical Readout: 3067
- Technical Readout: 3085
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix