- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
|Armor||SimplePlate Manufacturers Standard|
|Engine||Type 60 I.C.E.|
|Targeting Tracking System||Various|
The backbone of any vehicular military unit, APCs have been carrying infantry since the days of pre-spaceflight Terra and even in the era of battle armor, continue their most mundane of roles. Armored Personnel Carriers are among the least complex and sturdiest vehicles available, produced in the thousands across human inhabited space. Since a communicator is the fanciest piece of equipment they carry, they do not require any special gear to repair.
Each of the three basic types of APCs has its own individual function on the battlefield. Tracked APCs are more expensive to build, but can operate in a far wider variety of terrain, mostly broken or hilly regions, than its Wheeled or Hover counterparts.
Weapons and Equipment
APCs are not fighting vehicles, for their main function is to transport infantry squads from one battle to another. The "standard" tracked APC carries a single Machine Gun, carried usually only for defense against other infantry units.
There are many popular variants of Armored Personnel Carriers. The most popular mount more weapons, such as machine guns, at the expense of carried troops. Quite often these vehicles no longer carry troops, and are used purely for infantry support.
- Primitive Versions
- Early (circa 2390) versions of the Tracked APC used a ton of Commercial Armor to provide protection. Though effective against small arms fire, the BAR 6 armor would quickly be overwhelmed by modern weapons. This is all the more deadly considering the low top speed (54 km/h) of the primitive APC. BV (2.0) = 57
- MG Carrier
- This variant trades the infantry bay for a turret with three machine guns, a full ton of ammunition, and additional armor. BV (2.0) = 157
Original Tracked APC from TRO:3026
- Combat Operations, pg. 120
- Technical Readout: 3026, pp. 8-9
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 1, p. 9
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 21
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 22
- Record Sheets: 3039 Unabridged, p. 23