- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
Menke nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||90.726 : -330.895[e]|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Highest native life||Plant|
|Ruler||Lord Thomas McCarron|
|HPG (Representative)||A (Precentor Eliot MacIntosh)|
- 2366 - Independent world within the Capellan Zone 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2764 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3040 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3050 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3052 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3057 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3058 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3063 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3075 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3081 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3085 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3130 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3135 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
Menke has long been the baseworld for McCarron's Armored Cavalry. This world of lush jungles is mostly populated by civilians who support the "Big Mac" in some way. The world also has a great deal of BattleMech repair facilities and one of the highest concentration of Techs in the Confederation. The CCAF also maintains a jungle warfare training facility on the southern continent. Menke is usually protected by at least one regiment from McCarron's Armored Cavalry, and it's not unusual for there to be more than one regiment on the world.
War of 3039
Seeking to take advantage of the Federated Suns' preoccupation with invasion of the Draconis Combine during the War of 3039, McCarron's Armored Cavalry launched a series of deep raids into Davion space, leaving the newly formed and untested 6th McCarron's Armored Cavalry behind to defend Menke. 
Upon realizing the MAC were solely responsible for the incursion into FedSuns space, Duke Morgan Hasek-Davion ordered a strike against Menke be included as part of Case JULIET, the AFFS's retaliatory attack for the MAC's raids, selecting the mercenary regiments of the Illician Lancers and elements of the Sirdar Capellan March Militia for the task. 
While the defending AeroSpace Fighters of the Sixth fought hard to prevent the Davion taskforce from landing, the FedSun fighters successfully fending off the bulk at the cost of half its fighters, the combined mercenary-CMM force grounding near Johenessburg less than a hundred kilometers from the Big Mac's main base at Fort McCarron. While the drop now left the Sixth with superior aerospace power, the Davion taskforce heavily outnumbered them with regards to BattleMechs, the Sixth's chances were further hampered when Colonel Baxter refused to order the planet's powerful militia to mobilize until after the FedSun troops landed.
Realizing that while the Sixth counted a number of Cavalry veterans, the bulk were green unblooded trainees, the taskforce commander General Panos Fujikawa of the Illician Lancers ordered his troops to strike the defenders hard. As he assumed in the face of the blitzkrieg the Sixth did nothing but give ground, nearly breaking twice, though Baxter narrowly managed to maintain his unit's cohesion and pull his troops back to Fort McCarron. The Sirdar CMM placed the encircled Fort under siege while the 59th Strike Regiment promptly captured the facilities of McCarron's Trading Company, sending the Sixth into a frenzy.
Baxter's enraged MechWarriors left Fort McCarron and hit the 59th Striker's rear, but the more experienced and agile Illicians brushed off the attack and retaliated, trapping the Sixth between them and the Sirdar CMM. The Sixth were forced to call upon their fighter squadrons to extricate themselves, but not before significant damage was inflicted on MTC's shipping yards and warehouses. The Davion forces instead focused on Fort McCarron, launching two weeks of minor probing raids which the MAC fighters forced back until heavy rain began to blanket the region.
With the enemy fighters now grounded, the Lancers struck in force, effortlessly barreling through the planet's militia forces and smashing Baxter's forces. In those two days of severe weather the FedCom troops utterly destroyed the Sixth MAC and laid waste to Fort McCarron, plundering what supplies they could before CCAF reinforcements in the form of Warrior House LuSann landed on August 23rd, pulling out two days later.
The FedSuns strike on Menke would prove devastating to the planet, MTC and especially the Sixth McCarron's Armored Cavalry. While the mercenaries would retain the Sixth as a provisional battalion on its rolls and even included as part of the MAC's famed assault on Marlette in 3044, the Sixth would never formally receive combat ready status and was ultimately disbanded in 3049.
- McCarron's Armored Cavalry
3062 to 3067
3079 to 3085
- - At this point in time the 3rd is operating at 50% of full strength, with 70% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- - In 3085 the unit is operating at 20% of full strength.
- - The 5th is operating at 10% of full strength, with 100% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- - At this point in time, the unit was at 70% of full strength with a "A" equipment rating.
- McCarron's Trading Company
- Ceres Metals Industries
- Menke Armor and Armament
- StarCorps Industries
| Closest 68 systems (65 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 136, "Menke"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War - [2822 Map]"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. vii, "Capellan Confederation Map - "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 10, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3052, p. 22, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii , "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 91, "29th Jump Infantry Division"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 123 "Capellan Operations - The Mac Attack"
- Historical: War of 3039, pp. 128-129 "Countering the Big Mac - Menke (August-September)"
- McCarron's Armored Cavalry (scenario pack), p. 6
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 253, "SLDF - Capellan Confederation Military Command Map"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 107, "Unit Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 70, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 144, "Unit Note"
- ComStar (sourcebook), p. 85, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 126, "ComGuard Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 98, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 15, "McCarron's Armored Cavalry Regimental Status"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 33, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 45, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Table - 3145"
- 20 Year Update
- ComStar (sourcebook)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: ComStar
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: CCAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids