(References to New Valencia)
New Valencia nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||219.972 : -50.015[e]|
|Recharge time||185 hours|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
|Moons||2 (Cadiz, Madrid)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||24°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Mammal|
- 2317 - Independent world 
- 2571 - Federated Suns 
- 2596 - Federated Suns 
- 2750 - Federated Suns 
- 2764 - Federated Suns 
- 2765 - Federated Suns 
- 2786 - Federated Suns 
- 2789 - Draconis Combine 
- 2791 - Draconis Combine 
- 2805 - Federated Suns 
- 2822 - Federated Suns 
- 2864 - Federated Suns 
- 3007 - Federated Suns 
- 3025 - Federated Suns 
- 3030 - Federated Suns 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3059 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3063 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3067 - Federated Suns 
- 3075 - Federated Suns 
- 3079 - Federated Suns 
- 3081 - Federated Suns 
- 3085 - Federated Suns 
- 3135 - Federated Suns 
- 3145 - Federated Suns 
New Valencia was a major food exporter during the Star League era. The destruction of JumpShips during the Succession Wars resulted in New Valencia's agriculture shifting to expensive boutique foods.
First Succession War
In 2789 the Draconis Combine began a hugely successful invasion of the Federated Suns, with Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery units pouring across the border and conquering system after system while the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns desperately tried to mount a defense amidst mass confusion and conflicting orders exacerbated by the DCMS specifically targeting communications systems and JumpShips as priorities for destruction to disrupt communications. The first attempt to break the invasion was mustered by First Prince John Davion in 2788, and that attempt - Operation SOLAR SHIELD - was an expensive disaster. By the time Prince John's second plan had begun at the end of 2789, New Valencia was one of the worlds under Combine occupation.
Prince John's second plan - a massive naval response under the operational command of Admiral Kenneth Jones - saw AFFS forces return to New Valencia in early 2790, having already struck in the Imbrial III, Kestrel, Saltural, Saunemin and Acoma systems. The AFFS battle group spent a week hunting down the Draconis Combine Admiralty ships in the system, including managing to capture the Sovetskii Soyuz-class heavy cruiser DCS Sahand, before moving on to rendezvous with the other half of his forces in the Cholame system.
Third Succession War
When Wolf's Dragoons were assigned New Valencia as their base world in 3005, they built a base camp north of the planet's capital city, Raiteland. This area of hills and the complex military base the Dragoons built would be called "Fort Jaime".
In 3007, the five regiments of the McCarron's Armored Cavalry raided the world to punish the Dragoons. The Dragoons' victories on Halloran and Styk had driven the Capellans to respond to this new unit ravaging their borders. The senior Dragoons officer on world, Colonel Wilhelmina Korsht quickly took control of the Defense while sending calls for aid to New Avalon and Weekapaug. Jaime Wolf was on Weekapaug with two of the Dragoons regiments, Alpha Regiment and Beta Regiment. Within two day, McCarron's units had the Dragoons surrounded at Fort Jaime and had seized the planetary capital of Raiteland.
While Raiteland would be heavily damaged by McCarron's forces, the Liao troops were unable to breach the Dragoons defenses at Ft. Jaime despite five attempts being made over two days. In time, the Armored Cavalry would have been able to breach the Dragoons defenses, but time was not on their side. An enraged First Prince Ian Davion had three regiments of the Eridani Light Horse dispatched to New Valencia to relieve the Dragoons there. Also, Jaime Wolf and the two regiments with him were also moving back to assist. When the Light Horse forces were detected in route, the McCarron's Armored Cavalry reluctantly departed off world. While the aerospace forces of both units would clash, the Cavalry would depart with little further damage and the Light Horse would continue on to Colchester without landing on New Valencia.
Upon returning to Raiteland, Jaime Wolf saw the damage that Cavalry forces had done to the city. There were tales of Liao forces rounding up civilians looking for Dragoons family members and several mass executions. Some citizens blamed the events on the Dragoons for being on world. To help combat this, Jaime Wolf ordered his troops to help clear away debris and assist in rebuilding Raiteland. In time, things would return to normal.
However, Jaime Wolf also dispatched the Seventh Kommando to the Armored Cavalry's homeworld, Menke. There the Kommando would extract retribution by destroying military supplies and equipment. The Armored Cavalry wanted an aggressive response to the Kommando's attacks, but Chancellor Maximilian Liao forbade any response. As the same time, other Wolf's Dragoons forces also wanted an attack against Menke, but Jaime Wolf declined to escalate the fighting.
After the battle of New Aragon in 3008, Jaime Wolf would ask for time to refit his forces. When Prince Ian Davion asked for a list of what the Dragoons needed, he was dumbfounded that the Dragoons would request only some time off from combat duties. Meanwhile, all Dragoons forces returned to New Valencia and a large increase of shipping activity led many to fear that the Dragoons were leaving for good. However, Jaime Wolf sent the Federated Suns messages that stated everything was fine. On January 11, 3009, the Dragoons fleet would leave on the first of their secret supply runs into the Periphery. Ten months later the Dragoons would return to New Valencia fully refitted and using BattleMechs that the Inner Sphere had never seen or had been thought extinct for centuries. Politely refusing all questions regarding where the new equipment came from, the Wolf's Dragoons finished out 3009 raiding several Liao held worlds.
In 3010, Prince Ian Davion offered a permanent leasehold on New Valencia to the Wolf's Dragoons in a bid to encourage them to renew their contract with the Federated Suns. Jaime Wolf would decline this offer and the Wolf's Dragoons would enter the employ of the Capellan Confederation.
In April 3068 a combination of Word of Blake forces and mercenaries in their employ raided numerous worlds across the Inner Sphere, including New Valencia; the Word of Blake struck again on the 12th of May 3075, and although a number of the Blakist's escaping transports were caught and destroyed by AFFS forces this time, this second raid successfully damaged the General Motors/Blackwell facilities on New Valencia.
- Second New Ivaarsen Chasseurs
New Valencia has five continents named Algirós, Benimaclet, Campanar, Extramurs and Olivereta.
|Closest 36 systems (36 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 19, "New Valencia"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 18, "Federated Suns at their Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 48, "Federated Suns after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 29, "Federated Suns Armed Forces Deployment Map - "
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War, p. 41-42, "Cholame"
- First Succession War, p. 44, "Draconis Combine-Federated Suns Front 2786-2796"
- First Succession War, p. 98, "The Davion Counter-Offensives"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 54, "Federated Suns after First Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns after Second Succession War -  Map"
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 10, "Attack on New Valencia"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), "Federated Suns Map - "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 72, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of  -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero "
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 111, "Taurian Concordat and Tortuga Dominions"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 21, "Federated Suns Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War, p. 41, "An Expensive Learning Curve"
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 7
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 14, "Departure"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 16, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 20, "Regimental Status"
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 22, "Regimental Status"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 134, "First Succession War Deployment Table - AFFS"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 135, "First Succession War Deployment Table - AFFS"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 135, "Unit Deployment Table"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 11, "Operation RAT"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 36, "Arboris - Battle of Blind Man's Bluff"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 136, "Deployment Table"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns
- Field Report: AFFS
- Field Report: CCAF
- First Succession War (Source Book)
- Handbook: House Davion
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Objectives: Federated Suns
- Tales of the Black Widow Company
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook)