Field Report: AFFS
- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
|Field Report: AFFS|
|Development||Herbert A. Beas II|
|Primary writing||Joel Bancroft-Connors |
Øystein Tvedten II (Strategic Assistance)
|Cover Artwork||Ray Arrastia (Design & Layout)|
|Interior Artwork||Jason Vargas (Evolved Faction Logos Design)|
Øystein Tvedten (Map)
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published||January 16th, 2011|
|Timeline||3068 - 3080|
|Series||Field Report PDFs|
|Preceded by||Field Report: DCMS|
|Followed by||Field Report: FWLM|
The third entry in the PDF-exclusive Field Report series, Field Report: AFFS provides a faction update for the status of the Federated Suns' Armed Forces and recall brief accounts of their actions from beginning of the Jihad to 3079. The report is presented similarly to previous sourcebooks such as Field Manual: Federated Suns and Field Manual: Updates.
Over ten years ago, as the second Star League died, the Word of Blake unleashed its wrath against the combined realms of the Inner Sphere and the Clans. Using every weapon in their arsenal, from strategic misdirection and the exposure of state secrets, to biological, nuclear, and chemical attacks, the Word’s war struck every power where it hurt most. Factories were razed, capitals fell, and loyalties were shattered.
But eventually, the leaders of the Inner Sphere’s ancient warring factions recognized the true threat, and united behind a bold new freedom fighter to bring down the Word of Blake’s bastion of power: Terra. Though the war still rages on, and the Blakists’ Master yet lives, the followers of Devlin Stone know all too well that victory today may only pave the way for the wars of tomorrow.
Field Report: AFFS describes the state of the Federated Suns in the wake of the events described in Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, including the overall military and logistical condition of one of the Great Houses who stood against the Word of Blake menace. Savaged by conflicts on virtually every border, the armies of House Davion remain now stand on the threshold of a new era, while struggling to recover from over a decade of unrelenting war...
- How to use this book
- Federated Suns Overview
- Strategic Update
- Goals of the Throne
- Logistical Status
- Academies and Command Centers
- Infrastructural Integrity
- Independent Commands
- Avalon Hussars
- Ceti Hussars
- Crucis Lancers
- Davion Brigade of Guards
- Deneb Light Cavalry
- Robinson Brigade
- Syrtis Brigades
- Capellan March Militia
- Crucis March Militia
- Draconis March Militia
- Academy and Training Units
- Irregular Forces
- Armed Forces of the Federated Suns Deployment Map, 3079
- Unlike other sourcebooks, Field Report: AFFS lacks an explicit table of contents. The list shown here was assembled from page headings.
- The trademarked title was BattleTech Field Report: AFFS.