- Your BattleTech News Round-Up For August, 2023
- Community Outreach - Locust Labs And Creating The Hunchback For Tex Talks BattleTech
- An Ode To Light 'Mechs: Why BattleTech Needs More Light 'Mech Love
- Bad 'Mechs - Ostscout
- It's The Economy, Stupid! Understanding And Comparing MechWarrior 5 In Its Historical And Economic Context
- Read more →
Styk nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||42.128 : -97.499[e]|
- 1 System Description
- 2 System History
- 3 Political Affiliation
- 4 Styk II
- 4.1 Planetary History
- 4.2 Military Deployment
- 4.3 Planetary Locations
- 4.4 Industrial Centers
- 4.5 Local Fauna
- 4.6 Image gallery
- 5 Map Gallery
- 6 Nearby Systems
- 7 References
- 8 Bibliography
The Styk system is located near the Shensi and Sichuan systems. The system is also located Rimward from Terra. There are nine planets orbiting a K2IV class star and a Recharge Station circa 3025.
- Ca. 2177-2200 - Tikonov Union
- 2271 - Inhabited world
- 2366 - Sarna Supremacy
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation
- 2764 - Capellan Confederation
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation
- 3006 - Capellan Confederation
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation
- 3030 - Federated Suns
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3058 - Styk Commonality
- 3063 - Capellan Confederation
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation
- 3068 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3075 - Capellan Confederation
- 3079 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3075 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3135 - Capellan Confederation
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation
- 3151 - Capellan Confederation
|Moons||Two (Dianthus, Pantheons)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Reptile|
|Ruler||Duke of Styk Pavel Ridzik (3025), Planetary Diem Lady Samantha Boshirov (3025),|
Governor Claire Lusebrink (3130),
Legate Daria Heivilin (3130)
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Aldus MacAbee)|
The world of Styk II, commonly known as Styk, is heavily industrialized world. Twenty-two percent of the surface is covered with nine continents named after the original explorers who discovered the planet. The largest continent, Burtnick, is where the planetary capital is located. The other continents are Curulewski, Deyoung, Gowan, Panozzo South, Panozzo North, Shaw, Sucherman and Young.
The remaining 78 percent of the surface is covered with saltwater oceans. In one of the planet's best kept secrets, a fleet of luxury liners operate on the planet sailing from port to port.
The world is also orbited by two moons, Dianthus and Pantheons.
Styk was colonized late in the twenty-second century and became a heavily industrialized world, closely linked to the nearby world of Gan Singh. Although Styk was evidently claimed by the Sarna Supremacy at various points both Styk and Gan Singh were worlds associated with the Tikonov Union and later the Tikonov Grand Union, and were incorporated into the later Capellan Confederation on that basis.
Styk grew in prominence over time, eventually becoming the second-largest trading and industrial center in the entire Capellan Confederation as well as home to the manufacturing company Tao 'Mechworks, once the third-largest BattleMech producer in the Confederation. All nine continents on Styk developed DropPorts, with one of the largest being located near the Tao 'Mechworks plant and the planetary capital, Lorelei. As was the case throughout the history of the two worlds, Styk produced the industrial output while Gan Singh supplied Styk's industrial base with the vast quantities of resources required.
Third Succession War
In November 3006, Jaime Wolf in command of Alpha Regiment led a raid on Styk. This raid was preceded by infiltration units from the Seventh Kommando. These units caused power outages and small fires around the area of Hegemony Bay. This encouraged the defending Fourth Confederation Reserve Cavalry to believe that local rebels were planning an uprising. So when the Seventh Kommando attacked the Russell River Dam thirty kilometers away with maximum noise and pyrotechnics to be noticed, the Liao defenders rushed to crush the "rebels". That's when the Dragoons attacked Hegemony Bay on November 22.
The Dragoon DropShips Chieftain, Duke Steingrim and Talleyrand landed around Hegemony Bay and unloaded their BattleMechs and Combat Vehicles. There they smashed the remaining defenders that had not been drawn away and damaged the 'Mech production facilities located within the city. The Reserve Cavalry, realizing they had been deceived, began a frantic dash back to Hegemony Bay. However, Dragoon aerospace fighters delayed their advance. Meanwhile, Liao naval craft tried to bombard the Dragoons forces around the city, but hovercraft of the Seventh Kommando engaged them. The fighting around the city lasted two hours.
As the Fourth Federation Reserve Cavalry and other Capellan reinforcement neared the city, the Dragoons quickly boarded their DropShips and left the planet with minimal losses.
Fourth Succession War
Both Styk and Gan Singh were captured by the Federated Suns during the Fourth Succession War as a part of the hugely successful invasion of the Confederation. Both worlds recovered from the damage inflicted during the war whilst under the governance of the new administrations put in place by the Federated Commonwealth government.
Styk was one of the worlds abandoned during the invasion and subsequent fragmentation of the Sarna March of the Federated Commonwealth following the discovery of the death of the son of Captain-General Thomas Marik. Left to their own devices within the region that became known as the Chaos March, Styk and Gan Singh formed the Styk Commonality Defense Alliance.
The Syn Hussars, a mercenary unit that allegedly included members of the AMC, was accused by the WoB of being behind the Styk raid that resulted in the death of thousands. Events began with a peaceful rally in downtown Styk turning tragic near the end of December 3067 when the Word of Blake fired upon a large unarmed crowd near the HPG station, killing hundreds of civilians. Several explosions occurred shortly after the Blakist attack when elements of the Syn Hussars engaged the HPG garrison and a gas line was severed, destroying several city blocks and setting fire to half of the capital. The death toll was unknown the day after the attack (23 December 3067), though casualty estimates have risen into the thousands. The WoB accused the Hussars of being responsible for all that had happened.
The population of Styk put up a fierce defense of their world, but were unable to resist the chemical weapons used liberally by the Blakist forces. The defending forces were annihilated, and many of the major cities on Styk were also hit with chemical weapons; of all the cities, the planetary capital was the hardest-hit, with ninety percent of the total population of the capital killed during the attack. By the time Lorelei fell and Styk surrendered half of the population of the planet were dead, a stark symbol of the determination of the population to resist the Blakists - and of the Word of Blake's determination to take the planet.
In response to the recent raids and assaults on worlds within the Word of Blake Protectorate, the Blakists launched raiding parties against various worlds around the Protectorate border in early September 3076. Making use of weapons of mass destruction to augment the damage inflicted, the raiding parties - few of which were larger than a single Level III - struck at the worlds of Algorab, Alnasi, Amity, Bordon, Connaught, Hunan, Kessel, New Hessen, New Kyoto, Ronel, St. Andre, Styk, Tsitsang and Wei. Of the worlds hit, the Capellan Confederation worlds like Styk took the brunt of the fighting.
By the end of December 3079 Styk was one of more than twenty planets to have suffered an outbreak of the Redburn Virus, and one of eight to suffer from an infection rate of more than 150 out of every 100,000 people, as well as a mortality rate of more than 30 per 100,000 from the virus.
The Tao 'Mechworks plant on Styk was nationalized by the Capellan government on the 1st of September 3080; the nationalization was a punishment for acts of industrial espionage between various companies on Styk during the Jihad. As of April 3081 the Styk plant was in a perilous position; damaged by raiders employed by Earthwerks Incorporated in retaliation for the earlier Tao 'Mechworks raid, the Word of Blake raid in 3076 and another Blakist raid in 3080, the extent of the damage inflicted on the plant was such that another raid may well have resulted in it being completely destroyed. It was also suspected that in the immediate wake of the Jihad the CO of Ambermarle's Highlanders had resorted to pilfering from the Tao 'Mechworks shipments intended for supply to Marshigama's Legionnaires to make up for the Highlanders' low priority for supplies within the Capellan military.
The Dark Age
During the Dark Age Styk began to recover from the damage inflicted by the Blakists, but even half a century after the end of the Jihad estimates were still that the planet would take centuries to recover completely. Despite the devastation inflicted the luxury ocean liners that were one of Styk's well-kept secrets continued to sail the vast oceans covering the planet, traveling from port to port as they had done for centuries.
In 3133, a few months after the Blackout, the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces attempted to infiltrate onto Styk; the insertion force included a platoon of Leonidas battle armor and arrived by DropShip, but wasn't aware that the Republic of the Sphere forces on the planet had picked up and tracked the DropShip as it made landfall near the capital city, Lorelei. The Republic militia attacked the grounded troops aggressively, keeping in contact and preventing the Leonidas squads from being able to deploy effectively, leading to the swift destruction of the infiltrators.
- Fourth Confederation Reserve Cavalry (Third Battalion)
- Warrior House Fujita (Second Battalion)
- Third Donegal Guards
- Third Donegal Guards
- several smaller mercenary commands (total strength 2 battalions)
- - At this time Ambermarle's Highlanders operating at 25% of full strength, with 60% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- - At this time, the V Principes was at 45% of full strength, with 74% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- Burtnik: Continent
- Curulewski: Continent
- Devonshire: City (ruins by 2934)
- Deyoung: Continent
- Gowan: Continent
- Hegemony Bay: Location of 'Mech production facility.
- Lake Wio
- Panozzo North: Continent
- Panozzo South: Continent
- Russell River Dam: Dam 30 km east of Hegemony Bay.
- Sucherman: Continent
- Shaw: Continent
- Young: Continent
|Closest 76 systems (73 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Gan Singh||17.8||Second Try||19.9||Pleione||20.1||Snailzar||21.5|
|Zurich||40.8||New Canton||41.8||Ulan Bator||42.4||New Macao||43.3|
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 147: "A Brief Atlas" – Styk entry
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 119: "Styk"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17: "Capellan Confederation Foundation 2366 - Map"
- Dark Age Republic Worlds (3130), p. 103: "Gan Singh"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16: "Free Worlds League Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17: "Capellan Confederation Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13: "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25: "Capellan Confederation after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. xi: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War, pp. 24–25: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31: "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War - [2822 Map]"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122–123: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War, pp. 112–113: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39: "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60: "Federated Suns after Second Succession War -  Map"
- Wolf's Dragoons, p. 9: "Raid on Styk"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), foldout: "Capellan Confederation Map - "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40: "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70: "Federated Suns after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 72: "Federated Suns after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49: "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76: "Federated Suns after War of  -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11: Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23: Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11: Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60: "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68: "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82: "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21: "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Map - August 3079"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 103: "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere, p. 12: "Prefecture V"
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised, p. 20: "Deployment"
- Chaos March, p. 14: "Alliances"
- BattleCorps: INN Newscast (Solaris Broadcasting Co. section), news item published [23/12/3067]: "Blakists Kill Thousands on Styk"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22: "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56: "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 13: "Plagued By Blake"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 61: "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 101: "Liao Commonality"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 100: "The Capellan Brigade"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 4: "Leonidas Battle Armor"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 253: "SLDF - Capellan Confederation Military Command Map"
- Field Report 2765: CCAF, p. 12: "Regimental Status"
- Wolf's Dragoons, p. 9
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 105: "Unit Deployment Table"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 107: "Unit Deployment Table"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 137: "Deployment Table (LCAF)"
- 20 Year Update, p. 24: "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 17: "FedCom Deployment Table"
- Chaos March, p. 14
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 119: "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 33: "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 17: "Capellan Brigade Regimental Status"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 186: "RAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- 3135 PDA Journals, p. 31: "12 April 3135"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 200: "Chasseurs á Cheval"
- Technical Readout: 3025, p. 18
- Technical Readout: 3025, p. 68
- 20 Year Update
- BattleCorps Solaris Broadcasting Co., 23/12/3067: "Blakists Kill Thousands on Styk"
- Chaos March
- Dark Age: 3135 PDA Journals
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: CCAF
- Field Report 2765: CCAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Objective Raids
- Shattered Fortress
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League
- Wolf's Dragoons