Phact nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||10.848 : -139.898[e]|
- 1 System Description
- 2 System History
- 3 Planetary History
- 3.1 Age of War
- 3.2 Star League
- 3.3 First Succession War
- 3.4 Second Succession War
- 3.5 Third Succession War
- 3.6 Fourth Succession War
- 3.7 War of 3039
- 3.8 Clan Invasion
- 3.9 Civil War
- 3.10 Jihad
- 3.11 Dark Age
- 4 Political Affiliation
- 5 Military Deployment
- 6 Geography
- 7 Planetary Locations
- 8 Map Gallery
- 9 Nearby Systems
- 10 References
- 11 Bibliography
Age of War
The 11th Director-General of the Terran Hegemony, Deborah Cameron, mediated a dispute that would be called the Phact Peace of 2538. Presumably, this was a dispute between the Free Worlds League and Capellan Confederation, but that is unknown. Whether the treaties that settled the dispute were signed on Phact or concerned a conflict that involved Phact directly is unknown at this time as well.
In the 2600s, Terran lemons were imported to Phact. The non-native crop had to be genetically engineered to survive in the new environment. Thus lemonade from Phact lemons has an orange tint.
First Succession War
As part of the initial House Marik offensive into Capellan space, Phact was attacked in July 2787. The assault force consisted of the Third Marik Militia and the Second Orloff Grenadiers with an escort of three WarShips. There was no resistance and the local government surrendered without a fight. By September of the same year, the general quiet on world allowed the Third Marik Militia to be redeployed to Corey to help put down Capellan resistance there.
Phact would remain under Marik control until the end of the war.
Second Succession War
In 2840, an unknown Free Worlds League force attacked Phact. The defending Capellan Curassiers, whose headquarters was located on world, took heavy losses in the defense of the planet. In one instance, the Capellan Confederation Union-class DropShip Silent Sword was attacked during liftoff and crashed in the region knows as the Plains of Fury. A recovery operation was launched to rescue any surviving personnel as well as salvage any usable matériel. In the end, the Confederation troops drove off the attacking League forces.
Phact would remain under Capellan control until the end of the war.
Third Succession War
Phact would remain a possession of the Capellan Confederation during the war.
Fourth Succession War
Following the speech given by First Prince Hanse Davion on the 16th of November 3029, the official day of thanks in the Federated Suns, contained a number of revelations including the creation of the St. Ives Compact and was taken by many as an open sign that the Fourth Succession War was close to ending. The Armed Forces of the Federated Suns launched the Seventh Wave of Operation RAT shortly after, in a determined effort to secure as many systems as possible before an armistice was declared. The Seventh Wave capitalized on negotiations that had been conducted in secret between the Federated Suns and various planetary governments in the remnants of the Sarna Commonality who lacked defenses and were far more fearful of being annexed by the Free Worlds League, a state hated for centuries of raids and invasions, than they were the Federated Suns. In the last week of November the AFFS occupied thirteen systems, including Phact. The AFFS encountered little resistance, and relatively few troops were needed to provide a garrison to maintain calm.
War of 3039
In 3039, the Second Oriente Hussars launched their infamous "Phact Finding" missions against the Sarna March of the Federated Commonwealth including the world of Phact. Thinking that the Federated Commonwealth was focused on their war with the Draconis Combine, when the Hussars launched their raid on Phact on June 19th they discovered to their surprise that the Fifteenth Arcturan Guards were on world. The attacking Hussars were forced to spend three weeks behind enemy lines on the run before escaping off world on July 10th with minimal losses.
Between 13 and 16 September 3071, Manei Domini Precentor Gazael arrived on Phact with elements from several Protectorate Militia forces to ostensibly evacuate the local HPG that was under siege from Capellan forces. They secured the spaceport where they landed their two DropShips, then escorted a convoy of fifty vehicles out of the HPG. The convoy came under heavy attack, but it eventually turned out that it was a decoy with empty vehicles while the actual refugees fled through a secret tunnel directly to the spaceport.
Covered by the overall chaos surrounding the battle over the convoy, the Word of Blake dropped a special operations team to secure a small airport. There, they secured a Karnov UR transport which delivered Adept Lee Angeni's squad of Nighthawk battle armor troopers to their real target, a Buddhist temple where rogue Precentor Meridon Shument was kept hidden by Maskirovka operatives and Death Commandos. Shument had sided with the Confederation and was going to provide them with secret HPG technology, something the Word of Blake would not allow to happen. Gazael had Shument killed on his own authority; Precentor Rangel back on Stewart wanted Shument alive but Gazael figured he was not under Rangel's command and could not afford to waste three months to transport Shument back for a show trial.
Operation MAGNUS, the Republic of the Sphere's counterattack against the Capellan's assault in Operation DIVINE RIGHT targeted many worlds including Phact. In August 3112, the Republic unit Stone's Pride attacked and secured the world for the Republic while heavily damaging the Sarna Martial Academy Cadre. A counterassault by Warrior House Hiritsu as part of what historians called the Warrior House Offensive in February 3113 took back control of Phact for the Confederation.
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2366 - Sarna Supremacy 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2787 - Free Worlds League (From July)
- 2822 - Free Worlds League 
- 2837 - Capellan Confederation (sometime after March)
- 2840 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3029 - Federated Suns (from December)
- 3030 - Federated Suns 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3054 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3112 - Republic of the Sphere (From August) 
- 3113 - Republic of the Sphere (Until February) 
- 3113 - Capellan Confederation (From February) 
- 3135 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
- Second Robinson Rangers
- Second Robinson Rangers
- - At this point in time, Paget's Dragoons was at 60% of full strength, with 60% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
Phact is a generally tropical world with most of its surface covered in water, but has significant land surface similar to Terra. The atmosphere is considered humid as compared to Terran standard. Vegetation on world is green in color like many human occupied worlds. Also, the planet has more than one moon. Hadari, the planetary capital, is situated in a bowl shaped valley with jungle covered mountains on three sides. To the south of Hadari are large tracks of heavy jungle.
- Hadari (planetary Capital)
- Hadari Interstellar Spaceport
- Jashatta (city 600 km south of Hadari)
- Plains of Fury (region)
- The Lonesome Dove (restaurant)
- Mountain Flower Buddhist Temple (located 20 km south of Hadari)
|Closest 64 systems (61 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|New Delos||48.9||Ibstock||49.6||Park Place||49.6||Propus||49.7|
- Handbook House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation at Foundation Map"
- The Star League, p. 33, "Deborah Cameron"
- Legacy (Anthology), p. 59, "Fates and Fortunes"
- First Succession War (sourcebook), p. 55-56, "Corey and Wazan"
- First Succession War (sourcebook), p. 138, "First Succession War Deployment Table - FWLM"
- Second Succession War (sourcebook), p. 52, "The Comstar War"
- Legacy (Anthology), pp. 46-66, "Fates and Fortunes"
- Second Succession War (sourcebook), p. 79, "Inner Sphere 2864 Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Third Succession War Map"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 58, "Thanksgiving"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 59, "Seventh Wave"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 93, "Second Oriente Hussars"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 63, "Free Worlds League Operations"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - April 3052 Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 16, "Chaos March Map 3057"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 54, "Making The Most of Time"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after the FedCom Civil War Map"
- Historical: Wars of the Republic, p. 69, "End of an Era"
- Historical: Wars of the Republic, p. 80, "Throwing Stones"
- Historical: Wars of the Republic, p. 80, "...Gods Ascend"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- First Succession War (sourcebook), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- First Succession War (sourcebook), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- 20 Year Update, p. 23, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 17, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- Historical: Wars of the Republic, p. 87, "Capellan Crusades Deployment Table"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Second Succession War (sourcebook), p. 98, "Free Worlds League Military (FWLM) Deployment Table"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 137, "Deployment Table"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 137, "Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 34, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Table - 3085"
- Historical: Wars of the Republic, p. 86, "Capellan Crusades Deployment Table"
- Evacuation, p. 2
- Legacy (Anthology), p. 48, "Fates and Fortunes"
- Evacuation, p. 5
- Legacy (Anthology), p. 51, "Fates and Fortunes"
- Evacuation, p. 2
- 20 Year Update
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League
- First Succession War (sourcebook)
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Historical: Wars of the Republic
- Legacy (Anthology) (short story Fates and Fortunes)
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Objective Raids
- Operational Turning Points: Capellan Crusades
- Second Succession War (sourcebook)
- The Star League