- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Ohrensen neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-16.29 : -121.76[e]|
|Recharge time||178 hours|
Flag of Ohrensen
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||35° C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Birds|
|Ruler||Director Shoga Leow|
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2366 - Independent World within the Capellan Zone 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Free Worlds League 
- 2941 - Free Worlds League
- 3025 - Free Worlds League 
- 3030 - Free Worlds League 
- 3040 - Free Worlds League 
- 3058 - Free Worlds League 
- 3067 - Free Worlds League 
- 3079 - Duchy of Oriente 
- 3081 - Ohrenson-Zion Province 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3151 - Free Worlds League 
Ohrensen is a relative newcomer to the Free Worlds League. In 2941 agents operating on behalf of Captain-General Samuel Marik convinced Vincente Sian-Marik to sign a treaty with the Free Worlds League transferring his allegiance and those of the worlds he administered to the League. In addition to being the planetary administrator of Kyrkbacken, Ohrensen, Suzano, Ventabren and Zion, Sian-Marik was a distant relative of the Marik line; while the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces garrisons on the five worlds didn't try to resist the transfer of worlds, they did engage in widespread scorched-earth operations on each world to inflict as much damage as possible prior to the transfer. As a consequence the acquisition of the five worlds saddled the Free Worlds League with a significant and expensive rebuilding programme. Occupied by League forces,, the inhabitants of Ohrensen fought the FWLM forces for years to resist the incorporation. Culturally, Ohrensen has a great deal in common with Zion, but unlike that world Ohrensen was allowed to control its own economy and internal politics.
As a result of the CCAF's scorched earth operation nearly a third of all the structures were destroyed on Ohrensen's main continent. The middle thirtieth century saw a great deal of investment in the world, but the corrupt practices of the former Capellan administrators resulted in a world that had a strong economy and infrastructure, but a population that was substantially below the League's average standard of living. During the chaos of the Capellan withdrawal and the rebuilding effort, criminal organizations influenced the corrupt administrators and eventually dominated the political scene.
Though many of these criminal organizations are constantly at each other's throats, Director Leow acts as the planet's leader. Director Leow's "enforcers" maintain power and order in this modern kleptocracy, enforcing policies that benefit the planet as a whole. (Though the criminal factions naturally have a great deal of influence over these policies.) Recently Leow's enforcers have come into conflict with Capellan organized crime families seeking to return to Ohrensen. How this will influence the planet's development is unknown.
Reports published in late March 3079 indicate that Ohrensen was subjected to a raid by Word of Blake forces on the 6th of February, one of five worlds within the Duchy of Oriente to be raided in the space of a few weeks by a Blakist task force consisting of units from several divisions with WarShip support. The Blakists used nuclear weapons to destroy the defending Essex-class destroyer FWLS Schrack in the Ohrensen system before making a ground assault which badly damaged the 1st Marik Militia and destroyed the planetary HPG.
The Duchy of Oriente responded to the ongoing attack on Ohrensen by deploying reinforcements from the nearby Kyrkbacken and Suzano systems to the Ohrensen system a week later, reinforcements which consisted of both ground forces and the Zechetinu II-class corvettes FWLS Acari and FWLS Kustarachnae. The Blakist task force evidently destroyed the Kustarachnae as it attempted to cover both the Acari and the arriving 4th Fusiliers of Oriente; the Acari was then captured, and later used as a Trojan Horse for a later assault on the Oriente system.
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 77, "Planet Profile"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 41, "Reign of Samuel Marik"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 19, "Blakist Raids Savage Duchy Of Oriente"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere - March 3081"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Shattered Fortress, p. 103
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 253, "SLDF - Capellan Confederation Military Command Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 136, "First Succession War Deployment Table - CCAF"