2nd Liao Hussars
|Second Liao Hussars|
|Formed||Between 3058 and 3063|
|Previous Designation(s)||Syn's Hussars|
|Parent Command||Liao Cháng-Chéng|
The unit was formerly known as Syn's Hussars.
Several Brigades were restructured after the Capellan Crusades of 3111 revealed weaknesses in the CCAF. A new naming convention was introduced that made the Second Liao Hussars the official name of the regiment. Their unofficial name is Yi's Hussars.
The regiment acted as an unofficial training cadre for the Liao Conservatory for Military Arts. As such, the majority of its personnel were new Conservatory graduates who would serve for one to three years before transferring out. This ended in 3085 following the loss of the school. From 3085 onward, the Hussars served as a regular CCAF reserve regiment.
Syn's Hussars were assigned to the Liao Cháng-Chéng in 3061 when the new Liao Commonality was established. They would later be reassigned again in 3085 to the reorganized Sarna Commonality following the loss of Liao to the ROTS.
The Hussars are a second-line regiment. They are most likely a light regiment like the First Liao Hussars.
Strategic Military Director Talon Zahn created the Hussars from graduates of the Liao Conservatory of Military Arts after seeing the impressive abilities of the alumni. The regiment unofficially served as a training cadre for that academy until 3085.
Xin Sheng Campaign
During the Capellan/St. Ives conflict, the Hussars were hard pressed to remain combat effective. Between 3064 and 3067 they were unable to take any of the objectives they were assigned. Despite this they were able to inflict twice as many casualties as they sustained and captured a battalion's worth of equipment. This equipment included two squads of Purifier armor. The Strategios wasn't pleased with their performance, however, and sent a message to their commander encouraging his troops to perform better. The unit was based on Styk in 3067.
Stationed on Liao between 3073 and 3075, the Blakists inflicted severe losses on the hard-fighting Hussars. Three quarters of the Hussars were killed in the conflict. The rebuilding effort allowed foreign intelligence services to insert several agents. Posted to Shiba to rebuild, Syn's Hussars instead turned inward, remaining in their base camp.
In 3085 the Hussars' new commander focused the unit's displeasure on the loss of Liao and the Conservatory to the Republic of the Sphere. This focus and the arrival of many new recruits started to pull the Hussars out of their deep depression and helped them interact with the universe again. They were stationed on Bithinia in 3085 to protect the Bithinian Ballistics plant.
By 3145, the unit was at low morale again. Not being included in the liberation of Liao and becoming junior regiment to the disliked 1st Liao Hussars has lowered their loyalty rating. Despite this, the regiment participated in Operation CELESTIAL REWARD.
|Commanding Officers of the Syn's Hussars|
|Sang-shao||Syn Sum Orr||3063 . 3067|
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Liao Hussars|
In 3063, the unit's tactics revolved around the individual strengths of the personnel.
By 3145, the unit had become experts at cross-border raiding.
A dadao sword slashing a black circular field, trailing red sparks and silver stars. All machines are trimmed jade green.
3063 to 3067
Syn's Hussars (1 Regiment/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Sang-shao Syn Sum Orr
- XO/1st Battalion: Zhong-shao Andrea Deer
- 2nd Battalion: Zhong-shao Kail Crushniev
- 3rd Battalion: Zhong-shao Julian Locke
Syn's Winged Hussars (1 Flight/Regular/Reliable)
- Flight Commander (3063): Kong-sao-shao Devin Ross
- Flight Commander (3067): Kong-sao-shao Tracy Lifte
Syn's Armored Hussars (Myng's Marauders) (1 Regiment/Green/Fanatical)
- Armor Commander (3063-3067): Zhong-shao Laura Myng
Syn's Support Hussars (1 Battalion/Green/Reliable)
- Infantry Commander (3063): Sao-shao Brian Calhoun
- Infantry Commander (3067): Sang-shao Rafe Sinclair
Syn’s Hussars (Regiment/Regular/Questionable)
- Note: At this point in time the unit was stationed on Shiba. Syn's Hussars were still only at one third of their pre-Jihad strength in 3079.
Syn's Hussars (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Sang-shao Kail Crushniev
Syn's Winged Hussars (Flight/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Kong-sao-shang Amaka Magan
Syn's Armored Hussars (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Angelique Francois
Syn's Support Hussars (1 Battalion/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Sang-shao Rohak Malik
2nd Liao Hussars (Veteran/Questionable)
- CO: Sang-shao Derek Yi
Yi's Winged Hussars (2 Flights/Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Kong-zhong-shao Changpu Zheng
Yi's Armored Hussars (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Pengfei Yin
Yi's Support Hussars (Green/Questionable)
- CO: Zhong-shao Hon Por Liu
- Command of the Third 'Mech Battalion goes to an officer cadet who demonstrates strong potential. However, this was stopped by 3145 as the regiment was no longer a training cadre.
- ↑ Field Manual: 3145, p. 27: "General Review"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Field Manual: 3145, p. 41: "Liao Cháng-Chéng"
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 82: "Syn's Hussars Unit Profile"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Field Manual: 3085, p. 31
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 25
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 Field Manual: Updates, p. 33: "CCAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Field Report: CCAF, p. 13
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 Field Manual: 3085, p. 33: "CCAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 Field Manual: 3145, p. 45: "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table - 3145"
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Field Report: CCAF, p. 13