- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Hunan nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||71.209 : -95.949[e]|
- 1 Hunan
- 2 Hunan IV
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Tainted)|
|Highest native life||Reptiles|
|Ruler|| Vimla Katara, Governor (3130)|
Maria-Luisa Cavanna, Legate (3130)
Hunan IV - more commonly known simply as Hunan - is the fourth planet in the system and has a single moon named Nefari.
Hunan was colonised because of the massive deposits of metals and ores found across the various continents, and soon earned itself the reputation for being possibly the last place in the Inner Sphere anyone would want to visit, let alone live. Hunan City, the planetary capital city, was established close to the Hellfire Mountains; the hot springs and volcanoes found throughout the region make infrared scanning largely impossible, while the sulphor vapors interfere with both magscans and radar, making most sensor systems useless.
Over the centuries the population of Hunan managed to bring the fire lizard population on Bandar, Roc and Zeka under control and established a small number of domed cities on the island continents, allowing for more mining operations.
Hunan was largely ignored in the Jihad, until the aftermath of the Battle of Sian; one of the Word of Blake units retreating from Sian landed on Hunan, and swiftly discovered it was unprepared for operating on the planet. Unprepared for the natural defenses provided by the climate and volcanic activity, the Blakists captured one of the dome cities on Roc after a week; the Hunanites responded by destroying the dome several days later, killing the majority of the Blakists. The survivors of the destruction of the city were soon killed by the predatory fire lizard population.
In response to the recent raids and assaults on worlds within the Word of Blake Protectorate, the Blakists launched raiding parties against various worlds around the Protectorate border in early September 3076. Making use of weapons of mass destruction to augment the damage inflicted, the raiding parties - few of which were larger than a single Level III - struck at the Hunan, along with the worlds of Algorab, Alnasi, Amity, Bordon, Connaught, Kessel, New Hessen, New Kyoto, Ronel, St. Andre, Styk, Tsitsang and Wei.
- 2366 - Sarna Supremacy 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2764 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3040 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Chaos March 
- 3063 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3075 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent world 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
- Warrior House Fujita
Hunan IV is a deeply unpleasant planet to live on, due to the extensive volcanic activity. The main continent, located in the equatorial zone, is named Hell, in large part due to the hundreds of volcanoes there that spew tonnes of sulphur vapor compounds into the atmosphere. Hell itself is completely uninhabitable; three of the other continents, Bandar, Zeka and Roc, are also inimical to human life, although a native species known as the fire lizard evolved to live in these regions. The fire lizards are also a generally unpleasant phenomenon, being capable of spitting a caustic liquid up to ten metres with startling - and deadly - accuracy, causing intense burns to whatever they hit. The only continent that can support human life outside of domed settlements is Karmala, although the surface of Karmala consists predominantly of a frozen reddish-brown lava flow, marked with occasional half-melted purple hillsides and geysers that rise up through the thick brown surface soup to belch yellow, sulphur-tainted steam into the atmosphere.
- Hunan City: the planetary capital city. Located close to the Hellfire Mountains, a chain of active volcanoes and hot springs.
| Closest 72 systems (71 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|St. Andre||7.3||New Aragon||7.9||Poznan||17.1||Shipka||17.2|
|Pleione||25.6||New Macao||27.2||Buchlau||27.2||Foot Fall||27.2|
|New Hessen||40.9||Matsu||40.9||Ashkum||41.0||Second Try||41.9|
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 103, "Hunan World Profile"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding -  Map"
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere, p. 10 "Prefecture IV"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War - [2822 Map]"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 10, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3052, p. 22, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii , "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 106 - "Unit Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 120, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 34, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: CCAF
- First Succession War
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation
- Field Manual: Updates
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere