- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
Remshield neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||97.445 : -139.898[e]|
|Recharge time||180 hours|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||38°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Reptile|
- 2366 - Sarna Supremacy 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3029 - Federated Suns (from June)
- 3030 - Federated Suns 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3063 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3075 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3081 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3085 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3130 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3135 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
Fourth Succession War
Following the lull in major offensives in early 3029, a number of new offensives began as the Fourth Succession War entered its second year. The AFFS forces on the Capellan front did their best to rest and resupply during the lull, anticipating a return to combat operations; orders for the fifth wave of Operation RAT were received in late April, and large-scale invasions of the Capellan Confederation began again. Stripped of JumpShips to form a command chain for Operation INTRUDERS COMMUNION, few of the front-line forces within the Sarna Commonality were able to respond to the fresh wave of attacks. The AFFS deployed the Davion Light Guards RCT to capture Remshield, which was still rich in minerals despite the Star League era irrigation projects that had transformed the main continent into fruitful land failing as the machinery decayed, shifting the continent back to being a desert.
Defending Remshield were two units; the First Battalion of Hurloc's Hussars and the First Battalion of the Fourth Tau Ceti Rangers. The two commands had taken up positions around the two main cities on Remshield, Mineral City - the planetary capital - and Jewel Box. The Commanding Officer of the Guards, Marshal Jonathan Riftenberg, decided to split his forces, dropping the lighter, faster elements of his conventional forces some twenty kilometers from Mineral City, with orders to gather information on the Hussars' defenses. As the conventional forces began probing the Hussar defenses, the five DropShips transporting the Guards' 'Mechs landed at the spaceport at Jewel Box. The Commanding Officer of the Ranger forces, Major Willemina Surn, had been leading her troops to join the battle at Mineral City, but doubled back to enage the Guards 'Mech forces. Although the Rangers had the advantage in terms of weight, the Guards were able to use their superior mobility on the concrete spillways around the battlefield to outflank the Rangers, and the Rangers eventually withdrew - first from the battle, and then from Remshield.
With Jewel Box secure, the Guards used the only heavy rail system on Remshield to transport forces from Jewel Box to Mineral City; whilst the Capellans worked out what was going on and eventually cut the rails, the Guards had managed to make it most of the way to Mineral City. Once the Guards had marshalled their combined forces at Mineral City the battle for control proved easier than anticipated, due to a lack of effective support from the militia for the Hussars, and the Hussars' light weight. After two days of fighting the surviving enemy troops surrendered.
- Fourth Tau Ceti Rangers (First Battalion) (until June)
- Hurloc's Hussars (First Battalion) (until June)
- Remshield Militia
- - At this point in time, the 5th Confederation Reserve Cavalry were deployed across Foot Fall, Mandate and Remshield. The 5th was at 75% of full strength, with 80% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- - At this point in time, the unit was at 75% of full strength with a "C" equipment rating.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Menkar||54.6||New Sagan||55.3||Capricorn III||56.3||Axton||56.4|
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 14, "Remshield"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding - "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War - [2822 Map]"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. vii, "Capellan Confederation Map - "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War -  Map"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 38, "Fifth Wave"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - "
- Era Report: 3052, p. 10, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3052, p. 22, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii , "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 38, "Capellan Front"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 39, "Remshield"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 106, "Unit Deployment Table"
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 66, "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 11, "Confederation Reserve Cavalry Regimental Status"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 34, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 45, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Table - 3145"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: CCAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Mercenaries Supplemental II
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation