|X:Y Coordinates||58.927 : -41.666[e]|
- 1 System Description
- 2 System History
- 3 Political Affiliation
- 4 Bharat IV
- 5 Map Gallery
- 6 Nearby Systems
- 7 References
- 8 Bibliography
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony
- 2771 - Amaris Empire
- 2772 - Terran Hegemony (from September)
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation
- 3030 - Federated Suns
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3058 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3063 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3067 - Federated Suns
- 3069 - Word of Blake Protectorate (from July)
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3079 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3135 - Independent world
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammal|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3130|
|Ruler||Lord Mengist Kerpten (3025)|
Roland Iqbal, Governor (3130)
A. Frederic Eckles, Legate (3130)
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Felicia Beaufort)|
Bharat was originally settled by colonists from Terra's Indian subcontinent. As part of that colonization effort they brought with them many Terran tree species. By the time of the Star League, Bharat was one of the largest exporters of rare hardwoods in the Inner Sphere. The world's only military manufacturer was Killosh Industries, notable for producing the Magi tank, but they retooled to produce civilian logging equipment to avoid bankruptcy during the Star League era.
For most of the Succession Wars, Bharat was controlled by the Capellan Confederation. In addition to its traditional exotic wood exports, Bharat hosted wealthy Capellans who would hunt the world's flora and fauna or just enjoy the peaceful atmosphere. When the world was taken by the Federated Suns in the Fourth Succession War, this trend continued, with wealthy Capellans being replaced by wealthy Lyrans and Federates.
The Word of Blake launched a wave of attacks during the first two weeks of July 3069 that targeted the worlds of Bharat, Deneb Kaitos, Ingress, Kawich and Ruchbah. Bharat was one of the worlds to fall in the face of a conventional assault, and was incorporated into the Word of Blake Protectorate. Later in the Jihad the Word of Blake established several "reeducation" camps on the world. The Blakist forces stationed on the world eventually strangled the tourism industry, but fortunately for Bharat the exotic wood export industry remains strong.
During Operation SCOUR Major General Walter White-Davion of the Fifth Crucis Lancers - and effectively the senior officer in charge of Group I of the Federated Suns front of Operation SCOUR - contacted the front commander, Field Marshal Katheryn Sandoval-Ito in July 3077 to express his concerns over the plan to attack Bharat. Citing the report given by Colonel Jasmine Cross of the AFFS Engineering Corps on the fall of the Fox's Den on New Avalon to the Word of Blake earlier in the Jihad, White-Davion argued that the fortress established by the Word on Bharat would take far more by way of heavy equipment and engineering specialists to breach than was currently available, and risked turning into a military disaster if the task force wasn't correctly prepared.
It was subsequently noted in media outlets within the Federated Suns that Bharat had been liberated by the end of 3077 despite the determined resistance offered by the Blakist forces on the planet; allegedly, the first 'Mech to breach the walls of the fortress on Bharat that Major General White-Davion had flagged was Field Marshal Sandoval-Ito, piloting her personal 'Mech, a vintage Devastator. On the 9th of November 3077 the Word of Blake news service, Voice of Truth, issued a broadcast alleging that the allied coalition forces on Bharat had deliberately shelled a refugee camp during the battle for the world.
Between 3110 and 3130 DiNapoli Industries founded a number of light manufacturing divisions on Bharat, producing items to support DiNapoli heavy manufacturing divisions on other worlds, primarily Ankaa. Following the takeover of DiNapoli Industries by Jacob Bannson in 3132, Bannson attempted to close the divisions on Bharat and laid of large numbers of workers, despite widespread union protest.
- Lord Mengist Kerpten
Bharat has three continents named Veerta, Vidya and Vinamrata. Vidya is located in the southern hemisphere, while Veerta and Vinamrata are located in the northern hemisphere.
- Chakra: planetary capital city, located on Vidya
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 139: "Bharat Profile"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 75: "Bharat World Profile"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39: "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI: "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17: "Capellan Confederation Foundation ]"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25: "Capellan Confederation After Age of War ]"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159: "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37: "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11: "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138: "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70: "Federated Suns after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 72: "Federated Suns after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76: "Federated Suns after War of 3039 Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133: "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11: Inner Sphere  Map
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23: Inner Sphere  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11: Inner Sphere  Map
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 78: "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29: Inner Sphere  Map
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82: "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47: "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65: Inner Sphere  Map
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 23: "Federated Suns Deployment Table "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63: "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127: "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11: "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere, p. 10: "Prefecture IV"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 39: "Bharat Roadblock"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 40: "Sandoval-Ito: A Study in Success"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, pp. 53–54: "Stone's Evil Stain"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN, p. 36: "Bannson Universal Unlimited to Cut 15,000 Jobs"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 105: "Unit Deployment Table"
- Dark Age: 3132-3134 INN
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents