- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
(References to New Home)
New Home nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||7.229 : -12.715[e]|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
- 1 Political Affiliation
- 2 New Home I
- 2.1 Planetary History
- 2.2 Planetary Rulers
- 2.3 Military Deployment
- 2.4 Geography
- 2.5 Planetary Locations
- 2.6 Nearby Systems
- 2.7 References
- 2.8 Bibliography
- 2271 - Terran Alliance 
- 2319 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2764 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2767 - Amaris Empire 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2774 - Amaris Empire 
- 2786 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2822 - [Capellan Confederation] 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3029 - Tikonov Free Republic (from March)
- 3030 - Tikonov Free Republic 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3063 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3079 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3145 - Republic of the Sphere 
New Home I
Orbital view of New Home
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Birds|
|Ruler|| Clarence Whitman, Governor (3130)|
Ramier Burr, Legate (3130)
One of the first worlds to be colonized, New Home was colonized by industries looking to exploit the various chemical, mineral and metal resources on the planet; the industries landed scores of young settlers looking to colonize a new world, and many of these new colonists chose to settle on Spina Planetia. Cities and mining operations were soon established around the coast of Spina Planetia and throughout the Great Spine Mountains, a huge mountain range that stretches through the center of the continent; one of these coastal cities located on the northeastern plains, Findler, became the planetary capital. While Findler looked out onto the eastern Tomagasso Ocean, the planetary spaceport was subsequently established seven hundred kilometers to the south of the capital in the city of Mann. The two smaller continents of Arbergeiht and Goldwynn also attracted colonists, and both were soon dotted with small towns and agricultural communities.
New Home was one of the worlds that remained a part of the Terran Alliance following the Outer Reaches Rebellion and the Demarcation Declaration of 2242, and became one of the worlds within the Alliance Core region of the Terran Hegemony.
Age of War / Star League Era
A system with a highly strategic location in relation to Terra, New Home was one of a number of Terran Hegemony systems to host a Space Defense System; unfortunately for the Star League Defense Force, the forces of Stefan Amaris secured control over the SDS network at New Home and the forces led by General Aleksandr Kerensky had to destroy the network during the campaign to liberate Terra.
The Succession Wars
Fourth Succession War
Following negotiations between Colonel Pavel Ridzik, chief military advisor to Chancellor Maximillian Liao, and AFFS Lieutenant General Ardan Sortek, conducted in February 3029 Ridzik created a new nation, the Tikonov Free Republic. The Republic was created by incorporating those worlds of the Tikonov Commonality that hadn't already been conquered during the first half of the Fourth Succession War. Ridzik returned to Elgin, the new capital of the Tikonov Free Republic, on the 3rd of March 3029 and swiftly began implementing a new government consisting of family members, friends and other appointees loyal to himself, purging dissident elements on the various Republic worlds and taking the opportunity to settle old scores. New Home was one of the systems incorporated into the Republic.
New Home found itself trapped in the Chaos March as the Federated Commonwealth fractured and began to collapse in 3057, and without any external direction the planet lapsed into chaos. When the Word of Blake came to annex New Home the population offered almost no resistance, as the Blakist fanatics were considered a better alternative than anarchy; having assumed complete control over the government of New Home by the 1st of August 3068, the Word of Blake proceeded to build at least one reeducation camp on the planet. Precentor William Blane used diplomacy to pave the way for New Home to join the Blakist Protectorate.
The Jihad stirred up the things, and the planet was in the verge of in-submission, when the WoB invaded New Home starting on the 5th of October 3068, they quickly shattered most of the militia. The last of New Home's defending militia streamed through the Conseco Plains towards an ad-hoc evacuation point. But the Twelfth Division caught up to the survivors and swarmed them completely. The militia put up stiff resistance, breaking out of the Word's entrapment twice before finally succumbing to the inevitable. Barely two DropShips' worth of militia and dependents managed to escape New Home before the Word locked the system down.
Dissent on the planet increased when the WoB Militia left, and the Word dispatched Blanc's Coyotes in 3068 to put it down. The mercenaries heavy handed response temporarily restored order but gave birth to even more powerful resistance in the long run.
A number of "political prisoners" were freed from one of the Blakist reeducation camps on the 12th of November 3072 after a force consisting of elements of the planet partisans (Avanti's Angels and Baron Shineze forces) and ComStar-backed insurgents managed to briefly disrupt the Blakist government. The rescue of Fritz Donner, former commander of the Black Warriors and others as well as a number of other victories against the Word of Blake in recent months led to a rallying call being issued by Precentor Martial Victor Steiner-Davion to create a summit on Arc-Royal of those opposed to the Word of Blake. The capital of New Home would only be free of Blakist control for a few weeks, however; by the 11th of January 3073, the Word of Blake was back in control of the capital city by the actions of the New Home Protectorate Militia.
On the 6th of June 3075 New Home was one of three worlds in the Protectorate to be raided simultaneously by unidentified forces. The raiders damaged the defending Protectorate forces, and were rumored to actually be drawn from the Word of Blake's own Shadow Divisions.
Despite the raid in 3075, the Shadow Divisions would aid in the defense of New Home when forces from the allied coalition arrived to liberate New Home in March 3078; the 43rd Shadow Division fought an extended and deadly series of cat-and-mouse games with the Coalition command group, delaying the liberation of the world.
The 43rd kept the stalemate in place until the middle of April, at which point a Blakist fleet used a near-planet jump to jump into the New Home system and deploy two more Shadow Divisions onto the planet. The resulting two-week battle saw the allied forces take heavy damage as they attempted to eradicate the three Shadow Divisions. The New Home campaign cost the allies two WarShips and more than three regiments of ground troops before the planet was finally in coalition hands, but also saw the 43rd, 45th and 47th Shadow Divisions destroyed along with a Blakist-suborned WarShip, the York-class CSJ Lioness. During these battles, a Phoenix Hawk Mk I LAM was spotted among WoB forces.
The 45th and 47th Shadow Divisions had arrived at a pirate point dangerously close to New Home as Stone's forces were burning towards the surface, resulting in the coalition forces having to find shelter as the two newly arrived Shadow Divisions rapidly put them under siege. Stone's Lament worked to try and block the 45th and 47th from the remainder of the task force, while the Battle Corps Legion made a desperate attempt to prevent the 43rd from joining forces with their brethren.
Despite the coalition defense, they would probably have been wiped out if not for the Clan Nova Cat Aegis-class WarShip NCS Promise operating under the command of Star Admiral Alice Lenardon, who deliberately put the Promise in a position where the Lioness could destroy it, but from which it could also drop a pinpoint orbital bombardment on the 47th Shadow Division as the Manei Domini risked a move into open terrain to try and flank Stone's Lament. The Promise was lost, but the bombardment combined with a savage counterattack by the Lament allowed Stone's forces to carry the day, but the Manei Domini forces fell back into the cities and forced the coalition forces to pursue them. Also lost during the battle for New Home was the Aegis-class NCS Principle.
The remainder of the ground campaign was largely over after 29 hours of brutal urban warfare, as the coalition fought block by block against the Blakist forces. The fighting was so intense - and damaging - that the BattleCorps Legion and the Nova Cat Sigma Galaxy took over seventy percent losses, and both escaped lightly compared to the 2nd Federated Suns Armored Cavalry and Ryuken-roku, which were effectively destroyed during the fighting. Cumberland's Missiliers suffered only fifteen percent damage.
While the coalition forces involved in the campaign for New Home were still recuperating on the planet, Devlin Stone led a small assault force on a classified mission somewhere offworld. The forces Stone took on his mission included a heavy contingent from the Com Guard, and the force returned from their covert operation with significant casualties. Despite the secrecy around the mission, the press attempted to determine where Stone had gone, and a particularly aggressive camera reporter named Tad Silverstein managed to attain a degree of personal fame when his particularly pointed questions resulted in him literally being fed portions of his shattered camera by General Belle Lee.
Despite the liberation of New Home, at least some Word of Blake Protectorate Militia forces could still be found holding out on New Home as late as March 3079, when a mixed unit of 'Mechs, Vehicles and Battle Armor was confirmed to be operating from locations deep in the Great Spine Mountains.
After the blackout and the loss of the planet's HPG station, Planetary Governor Whitman's rule degraded into a grab for more land, resources and power, and aligned with some of the planet's clans to do that. In the end, a revolt was raised against him.
- Planetary Governor Clarence Whitman
- Thirtieth Lyran Guards RCT
- Thirtieth Lyran Guards RCT
- 379th Division 
- New Home Freedom Theater Militia (until early October)
- Blanc's Coyotes, after WoB occupation
- Third Sirian Lancers (until May)
- Forty-third Shadow Division (until May)
- New Home Protectorate Militia (until May)
New Home I is dominated by a supercontinent named Spina Planetia which stretches from one planetary pole to the other, although New Home also has two smaller continents located in the southern hemisphere which settlers named Arbergeiht and Goldwynn. Possessed of a pleasant, temperate climate, many freshwater lakes and rivers, abundant mineral, chemical and metal resources and located close to Terra, New Home was a very favorable prospect for colonization once discovered.
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 243, "New Home World Profile"
- Chaos March (sourcebook), p. 43, "New Home"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding - [ Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Foundation -  Map"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 18, "Rim Worlds Republic after Age of War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 104, "Rim Worlds Republic -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War - [2822 Map]"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. vii, "Capellan Confederation Map - "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War -  Map"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 16-17, "Tikonov Free Republic"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 16, "Tikonov Commonality (Map)"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 94, "End Of The War"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 10, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3052, p. 22, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 29, "Terran Corridor/Clans Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii , "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere, p. 22 "Prefecture IX"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 23, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Total Chaos, p. 232-233, "NEW HOME"
- Total Chaos, pp. 68-69 "UNDER HEEL"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 51, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 26, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 17, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 59, "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 125, "Shadow Divisions"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Captured Ships"
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition, p. 15 "Situation"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 73-74, "Victory At New Home"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 86-87, "Chaos Eternal: Sticky Situation"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 16, "Fleet"
- Total Chaos, pp. 188-189 "STICKY SITUATION"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 74, "Where Is Devlin Stone?"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 68, "Chaos Undaunted: Heavy Metal"
- Fortune's Son
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 137, "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 24 "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 18, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- 'ComStar (sourcebook), p. 85'
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 66, "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 110, "Word of Blake Mercenary Deployment"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 82, "The Truth On New Home"
- "Double-Blind", p?
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition
- 20 Year Update
- Chaos March (sourcebook)
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: Clans
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Mercenaries Supplemental II
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Objective Raids
- Fortune's Son
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere