- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- MechWarrior 5 Is On Steam & Catalyst Is Having A Sourcebook Sale
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For February, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For January, 2021
- Community Outreach - The Art Of BattleTech, Renegade HPG, And The Remastered BattleTech Cartoon
- Read more →
Hall nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-13.961 : -44.251[e]|
|Recharge time||192 hours|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
- 1 System Description
- 2 System History
- 3 Political Affiliation
- 4 Hall III
- 4.1 Planetary History
- 4.2 Military Deployment
- 4.3 Geography
- 4.4 Planetary Locations
- 4.5 Industrial Centers
- 4.6 Gallery
- 5 Nearby Systems
- 6 Notes
- 7 References
- 8 Bibliography
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2767 - Amaris Empire 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2772 - Terran Hegemony (from September)
- 2786 - Terran Hegemony 
- Ca. 2787-2789 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3029 - Tikonov Free Republic (from March)
- 3030 - Tikonov Free Republic 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Independent world 
- 3062 - Independent world 
- 3067 - Free Worlds League (from October)
- 3071 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||35°C (Arid)|
|Highest native life||Reptiles|
|Ruler||Franco Reynolds (3077)|
Hall is an arid world divided into two continents - Urra on north and Wass on south with the capital city. The surface of planet is known to be one of the most spectacular - with various strange rock formations including rock walls over two hundred meters long and 5 meters wide and of various heights.
The planet itself was located deeply within Terran Hegemony and was secure until the Amaris Civil War began and the later Succession Wars. The planet changed ownership several times, being a member of the Tikonov Free Republic during the Fourth Succession War]] and eventually becoming part of the Federated Commonwealth. Investment into the Sarna March helped rebuild the planet's industry, but when it collapsed the Chaos March took control over the planet.
First Succession War
The Capellan Confederation seized Hall during the First Succession War; in late 2787 Captain-General Kenyon Marik launched an invasion of the Confederation, intent on capturing a corridor of worlds leading to Sarna. Having quickly seized Corey and Wazan, the Free Worlds League faced a two-year struggle to hold both worlds as the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces attempted to get reinforcements to both worlds. Chancellor Barbara Liao ordered an attack on New Delos, a major Free Worlds League Military staging ground, which disrupted supply lines, communications and repair facilities and killed twenty thousand civilians. In retaliation - and in an attempt to disrupt the flow of reinforcements to Corey and Wazan - Kenyon Marik ordered attacks on a number of Capellan worlds including Hall that saw the planets firebombed, with the attacks continuing until the Capellans were forced on the defensive following a failed attack on Calloway VI in 2789.
Fourth Succession War
Following negotiations between Colonel Pavel Ridzik, chief military advisor to Chancellor Maximillian Liao, and AFFS Lieutenant General Ardan Sortek, conducted in February 3029 Ridzik created a new nation, the Tikonov Free Republic. The Republic was created by incorporating those worlds of the Tikonov Commonality that hadn't already been conquered during the first half of the Fourth Succession War. Ridzik returned to Elgin, the new capital of the Tikonov Free Republic, on the 3rd of March 3029 and swiftly began implementing a new government consisting of family members, friends and other appointees loyal to himself, purging dissident elements on the various Republic worlds and taking the opportunity to settle old scores. Hall was one of the systems incorporated into the Republic.
War of 3039
In 3039 the 18th Marik Militia took the world of Hall from the Federated Commonwealth quickly and easily. Unfortunately the Black Widow Battalion led the counterattack, capturing part of the Second Battalion and smashing the other two battalions. The Eighteenth withdrew to their base world to rebuild.
As with the other regiments of the Tikonov Republican Guards, the Fourth's first true test came during Operation GUERRERO, the Marik-Liao Invasion of 3057. Garrisoned on Hall since the conclusion of the Fourth Succession War the Fourth was a hotbed of anti-FedCom sentiment with a reputation for discipline problems and unreliability despite the unit's short history of existence. Upon hearing of the Marik-Liao attack, the Fourth prepared to resist the impending invasion that ultimately never came. Rather than send troops, Chancellor Sun-Tzu Liao had his agents foment rebellion on Hall which was ruthlessly crushed by the Fourth Republican Guards. In the chaos following the secession of Katrina Steiner-Davion and the Lyran Alliance from the Federated Commonwealth, thus leaving the entirety of the Sarna March exposed and vulnerable the Fourth Republican's commander the opportunistic Leftenant General William "Bud" Baranov saw the writing on the wall and went rogue with his unit in tow, proceeding to seize Hall for themselves.
After a quick meeting with his officers, Baranov led the Fourth to Hall's planetary capital city of Harney, swatting aside the local opposition and declaring himself Emperor of Hall. Upon seizing the capital, Baranov and the Fourth were largely unopposed by the planet's populace. Soon after, however, two rival factions arose, one led by Count Radcliffe McNally - a local planetary noble with sufficient military strength and economic assets to resist Baranov, and the other being Cater's Cohorts, led by Major Dick Cater and consisting of former Fourth Republican personnel who had turned against Baranov shortly after he seized Harney. Also on Hall were the twin sons of Baranov's former master Pavel Ridzik, Yuri and Nikoli Ridzik, who had recruited a small army and brought their force to Hall hidden from the eyes of Baranov and the Fourth hoping to eliminate Baranov and resurrect their father's Tikonov Free Republic.
After Major Cater's rebellious troops were forced to withdraw to Hall's southern hemisphere, the three major factions on Hall settled into their respective territories, occasionally fighting each other for supplies and territory. In the mean time, Baranov and the Fourth turned towards the Ridzik Twins in which Baranov skillfully manipulated the situation, causing the disappearance of Nikoli and sending his brother fleeing off planet, thus eliminating the threat the Twins posed with their small military force. Next, Baranov and the Fourth turned again to Major Cater and his rebellious troops, eventually engaging and shattering Cater's Cohorts and allowing Baranov and the Fourth to further consolidate their control of Hall.
Soon Count McNally and his array of forces were the only obstacle preventing Baranov from controlling the planet. Hall gradually settled into a stand-off between the Baranov's Republican Guards and Count McNally's coalition of forces including his own McNally Guard, Burton's Brigade, the remnants of Cater's Cohorts, and the mercenary Critchley's Cavaliers.
The stand-off between Baranov and McNally was finally broken in late 3066 when the Fourth Republican Guards, supported by the mercenary Stealthy Tigers, finally overwhelmed the forces of Count McNally, killing the Count and routing his surviving forces, earning Baranov tenuous control over Hall. The survivors of Count McNally's forces, led by Burton's Brigade (Elly Burton being the mother of McNally's child) allied themselves with the Com Guard troops hoping to escape Baranov's wrath, and entrenched themselves.
Following the formation of the Allied Mercenary Command to combat the spread of Word of Blake influence in what was now the Chaos March, the 3rd Dismal Disinherited regiment was sent to Hall by the AMC to support the Com Guard troops already on planet to ward off against Blakist operations and investigate suspected ties between Baranov and the Word of Blake. Then in the summer of 3067, Emperor Baranov announced that he had invited the Free Worlds League to annex Hall, hence undermining the positions of both the Com Guard and the AMC troops on planet and legally forcing all those forces aligned against him to withdraw off world.
Combat again broke out when the Colonel John Marik-Johns of the 3rd Dismal Disinherited refused to recognize the authority of the 4th Oriente Hussars which had arrived on Hall to officially annex the planet on behalf of the Free Worlds League. Convinced the whole thing was a Blakist ploy, Colonel Marik-Johns commanded his 3rd Dismal Disinherited and Burton's Brigade to attack the 4th Oriente Hussars who were in turn supported by Emperor Baranov's troops including the Fourth Republican Guards and the Stealthy Tigers. The renewed fighting on Hall was short but fierce, lasting less than a month and ending ultimately with a League victory but not before Emperor Baranov and Captain Elly Burton had perished in a 'Mech duel during the final confrontation in Harney. This coincided with the Fourth Whitting Conference and the outbreak of the Jihad.
Hall joined the Free Worlds League on the 10th of October 3067 despite efforts from the Allied Mercenary Command to persuade the government otherwise; the decision to join the League was suspected to be a result of machinations by the Word of Blake, and Hall would soon find itself a member of the Word of Blake Protectorate during the opening stages of the Jihad.
It was on Hall on the 3rd of April 3073 that the mercenary unit the Martian Cuirassiers were destroyed by their own employers, the Word of Blake, as a result of a contract dispute. The unusually harsh response to the contract dispute was performed by the 52nd Shadow Division.
On the 20th of November 3077 Hall was attacked by Coalition forces led by Stone's Lament and Stone's Stalwart. Unlike most of the worlds of the Word of Blake Protectorate, the governor installed by the Word of Blake simply surrendered the world to the Coalition troops and meekly accepted arrest. The defending Hall Protectorate Militia forces also surrendered to the Coalition troops. The surrender was negotiated by Private Bethany Barratt; who under her own initiative contacted the Blakist governor and found him willing to discuss a cease fire. After years trapped within the Chaos March the people of Hall were war-weary, and by negotiating a peace Barratt and the governor arranged a surrender and disarmament that would avoid the bloodshed that would have otherwise occured as a result of a full military invasion. The campaign for Hall wasn't completely free of bloodshed - Precentor Hedwig Verona, the head of the Spiritual Enlightnment agency, was shot while attempting to evade capture and Precentor Andrew McFadden, commanding officer of the Hall Protectorate Militia, killed himself rather than be taken into captivity - but Barratt's initiative received praise from both Devlin Stone and General Belle Lee.
- Fourth Republican
- Fourth Republican
- Fourth Republican (1 battalion)
- Cater's Cohorts (1 company)
- McNally Guard (1 company)
- Burton's Brigade (1 company)
3073 - 3077
The world has two continents Wass and Urra.
The More Tales of the Black Widow scenario book mentions the cities of Ravenskral and Budesburg as being the planetary capital and third largest city on the planet, neither of these cities are mentioned again in other source books, with later books such as Historical: War of 3039, Touring the Stars: Hall and even the novel Embers of War establish Harney as the capital city.
- BattleTech: 25 Years of Art & Fiction, p. 218, "Hall"
- Touring the Stars: Hall, p. 4
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Capellan Confederation Foundation "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation After Age of War ]"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 104, "Rim Worlds Republic -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 28-29, "The Collapse of Terra"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 16-17, "Tikonov Free Republic"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 16, "Tikonov Commonality (Map)"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 94, "End Of The War"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 11 & Blake Ascending, p. 171, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 44, "The Jihad In Review"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 54, "Hall Surrenders Without A Shot"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 63
- More Tales of the Black Widow, p. 21 "Ghost of Christmas Future"
- Chaos March (sourcebook), p. 39
- Chaos March (sourcebook), pp. 39 and 92
- Kings & Pawns Scenario p. 15
- Kings & Pawns Scenario p. 4
- Kings & Pawns, p. 4 "PLOT SUMMARY"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 26, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 51, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 136, "First Succession War Deployment Table - CCAF"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 138, "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 24, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 18, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- ComStar (sourcebook), p. 85, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Chaos March, p. 39
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 126, "ComGuard Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 98, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 65, "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 110, "Word of Blake Mercenary Deployments"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 144, "Hastati Sentinels"
- Touring the Stars: Hall, p. 5 "Planetary Map"
- Kings & Pawns, p. 6 "SCENARIO 1: EVACUATION!"
- Kings & Pawns, p. 8 "SCENARIO 2: POISONING THE WELL"
- More Tales of the Black Widow, p. 21
- 20 Year Update
- BattleTech: 25 Years of Art & Fiction
- Blake Ascending
- ChaosMarch (sourcebook)
- ComStar (sourcebook)
- Embers of War (novel)
- Era Report: 2750
- Field Manual: ComStar
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Manual: 3145
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Kings & Pawns
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Mercenaries Supplemental II
- More Tales of the Black Widow
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Objective Raids
- Touring the Stars: Hall