Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Calloway nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-58.168 : -199.567[e]|
|Recharge time||176 hours|
- 1 Calloway
- 2 Calloway VI
- 2.1 Planetary History
- 2.2 Political Affiliation
- 2.3 Planetary Rulers
- 2.4 Military Deployment
- 2.5 Planetary Locations
- 2.6 Industrial Centers
- 2.7 Local Fauna
- 2.8 Nearby Systems
- 2.9 References
- 2.10 Bibliography
The Calloway system is located near the Fletcher and Loeches systems. The system consists of at least four worlds orbiting a class F5V primary; during the thirty-first century a recharge station was in place at the system nadir jump point.
| Jump point
|Moons||3 (Trigg, Graves, Marshall)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||27°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3079|
|Population||1,250,000,000 (3025)1,525,000,000 (3079)|
|HPG (Representative)|| A|
(Precentor Aaron Mize)
Calloway VI is the sixth planet in the Calloway system. Calloway has three moons named Graves, Trigg and Marshall; he three moons that orbit the world reflect so much sunlight that no city on the world has had to install street lamps. Even at midnight, citizens had enough light to find their way.
Calloway VI was a world with no real natural resources when first settled; the only particularly exportable resource available to the colonists was the Calloway Wildebeest, which was subsequently hunted to extinction so that the hide, meat and tusks could be exported. This lack of resources, particularly after the extinction of the wildebeest, led the merchants of Calloway VI to become particularly sharp traders. With so many essential resources having to be imported to Calloway VI by necessity, the sharp trading abilities of the local merchants came to form the bedrock of the planetary economy, which was built on trading concerns and mercantile associations.
Star League Era
In the mid-twenty-eighth century the Free Worlds League established a new military training school on Calloway VI, the Calloway Martial College, in response to levels of recruiting unprecedented since the Third Andurien War two centuries earlier.
First Succession War
By 2789 the Free Worlds League invasion of the Capellan Confederation was in its third year, having begun with the successful invasion of Corey and Wazan in late 2787. The Capellan Confederation Armed Forces had been deploying reinforcements to both worlds since the invasion, and at the orders of Chancellor Barbara Liao had launched a damaging strike against New Delos, a major Free Worlds League Military staging ground, in retaliation for which Captain-General Kenyon Marik had ordered several Capellan worlds bombed. The Capellans continued to resist the Free Worlds League invasion, and in 2789 Barbara Liao ordered an attack on Calloway VI.In late 2787 Captain-General Kenyon Marik launched an invasion of the Confederation, intent on capturing a corridor of worlds leading to Sarna.
What the CCAF didn't know was that Kenyon Marik was ready for an attack on Calloway VI; the Capellan forces arrived in-system to find several regiments from the Stewart Dragoons and the Fusiliers of Oriente on patrol in the system, having been specifically assigned on patrol in the system to disrupt any Capellan attack. The FWLM forces attacked the CCAF task force, holding the CCAF units in place and wreaking havoc on their JumpShips while they waited for the other patrol forces to arrive. The CCAF attempted to retreat, only to find itself moving into the bulk of the FWLM forces; by the end of the battle the CCAF losses in terms of aerospace fighters, DropShips and JumpShips were nothing less than staggering. The losses forced the CCAF onto the defensive, breaking the blockades over Corey and Wazan and letting the FWLM rampage through Capellan space for several years afterwards.
Third Succession War
Suffering increasing damage from Capellan Confederation raiders during the First Succession War, wealthy merchant princes on Calloway VI formed their own private army in an attempt to defend against them, however, as the Succession Wars continued without end, the merchant cartels found their often-greedy and headstrong troops increasingly difficult to deal with. By the Third Succession War with disagreements mounting, the cartels offered their forces to the LCCC just to get rid of them. With his requests for troops increasingly stymied by the League's Parliament refusal to support his grand "Operation Killing Stroke", Captain-General Thaddeus Marik eagerly accepted the new mercenaries. Formally renaming themselves the Langendorf Lancers, after General Mortimer Langendorf the retired officer hired by Calloway VI’s merchants to form the force, the force became a conventional mercenary command, suffering heavy losses during the truncated and ultimately unsuccessful Killing Stroke in 2950.   By 3025, the Earthwerks Incorporated Martina plant on Calloway VI is one of its two remaining 'Mech plants, manufacturing Stinger and Archer 'Mechs, with a third line is being retooled for the Phoenix Hawk. 
With the discovery of the Helm Memory Core, scientists on Oriente used rediscovered technology in experiments to clone the extinct Calloway Wildebeast. What started out as an experiment, became a full fledged effort to bring the species back. By 3067, the animals existed in two well-guarded, secret compounds on Calloway VI only. But, efforts to reintroduce the animals to the wild were proceeding and it was expected that within a decade the Calloway Wildebeast would once again be running free across Calloway.
- 2271 - No record 
- 2571 - Free Worlds League 
- 2596 - Free Worlds League 
- 2750 - Free Worlds League 
- 2765 - Free Worlds League 
- 2786 - Free Worlds League 
- 2822 - Free Worlds League 
- 2864 - Free Worlds League 
- 3025 - Free Worlds League 
- 3030 - Free Worlds League 
- 3040 - Free Worlds League 
- 3050 - Free Worlds League 
- 3052 - Free Worlds League 
- 3057 - Free Worlds League 
- 3058 - Free Worlds League 
- 3063 - Free Worlds League 
- 3067 - Free Worlds League 
- 3075 - Free Worlds League 
- 3079 - Duchy of Oriente 
- 3081 - Duchy of Oriente 
- 3085 - Duchy of Oriente 
- 3130 - Oriente Protectorate 
- 3135 - Oriente Protectorate 
- 3145 - Free Worlds League 
- First Oriente Hussars
- Sixth Orloff Grenadiers
- Eighth Orloff Grenadiers
- Langendorf Lancers
- Eleventh Atrean Dragoons (3rd Battalion)
- Calloway Martial College
- Calloway Technical Corps
- Martina: the planetary capital city.
- Xinhuai River Vally
| Closest 52 systems (50 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 157, "Planet Guide"
- Objectives: Free Worlds League, p. 16, "Calloway VI"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 13, "Free Worlds League befor after at their founding in "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 24, "Free Worlds League after Age of War "
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 5-6, "Academies and Command Centers"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 28-29, "The Collapse of Terra"
- House Marik, p. 43 "Operation Killing Stroke"
- House Marik, p. 106 "Mercenary Units - Langendorf Lancers"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 129, "Earthwerks-FWL Inc."
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 151, "Creatures"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 34, "Free Worlds League after First Succession War "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 38, "Free Worlds League after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 42, "Free Worlds League after Third Succession War "
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 169, "Free Worlds League - Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 51, "Free Worlds League after Fourth Succession War "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3057"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 54, "Free Worlds League after Operation Guerrero "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere - 3063"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 56, "Free Worlds League after FedCom Civil War "
- ' Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 41, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3067]
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, Inner Sphere  Map
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 17, "FWLM Deployment Map "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere - March 3081"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 3135"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 138, "First Succession War Deployment Table - FWLM"
- Objective Raids, p. 37, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 112, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 10, "Duchy of Oriente"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 91, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 115, "Free Worlds League Military"
- Inner Sphere, p. 71
- Rolling Thunder (scenario pack), p. 33, "Guerrilla Warfare"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League
- Field Report: FWLM
- Field Report 2765: FWLM
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Inner Sphere (sourcebook)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids