Kenyon Marik (28th c.)
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
- This article is about the 28th century Captain-General. For the 32nd century Marik, see Kenyon Marik (32nd c.).
|Born||21 April 2734|
|Died||19 June 2804|
|Parents||Ewan Marik (father)|
|Children|| Carl Marik|
Fall of the Star League
Kenyon Marik was a better ruler than his father Ewan Marik, but he had a personal vendetta against Aleksandr Kerensky, the Commanding General of the Star League Defense Force and Regent for Richard Cameron II. When the Territorial States rebelled, the Free Worlds did nothing. When Stefan Amaris launched a coup, the Free Worlds did not recognize Amaris as the rightful First Lord, but Marik refused to let Kerensky use Free Worlds systems as staging grounds for the Terran Hegemony's civil war.
Kenyon used the looming crisis to convince Parliament to pass laws that gave him more power. The most famous and far-reaching of these was Resolution 288. Passed on 19 December 2784, Resolution 288 gave the Captain-General incredible power, including the right to convene and dismiss Parliament at will, the ability to appoint his or her successor, and sole direction of the League's military.
Titles and Positions
|Captain-General of the Free Worlds League
2763 - 2804
| Succeeded by|
- Handbook House Marik, p. 89, "Captains-General History"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 62, "Kenyon Marik Profile"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), pp. 26-27
- Handbook: House Marik, pp. 29-30
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 30, "Endgame"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 81, "Resolution 288: Key Points"