Kenyon Marik (28th c.)
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
- This article is about the 28th century Captain-General. For the 32nd century Marik, see Kenyon Marik (32nd c.).
|Born||21 April 2734|
|Died||19 June 2804|
|Parents||Ewan Marik (father)|
|Children|| Carl Marik|
Fall of the Star League
Kenyon Marik was a better ruler than his father Ewan Marik, but he had a personal vendetta against Aleksandr Kerensky, the Commanding General of the Star League Defense Force and Regent for Richard Cameron II. When the Territorial States rebelled, the Free Worlds did nothing. When Stefan Amaris launched a coup, the Free Worlds did not recognize Amaris as the rightful First Lord, but Marik refused to let Kerensky use Free Worlds systems as staging grounds for the Terran Hegemony's civil war.
Kenyon used the looming crisis to convince Parliament to pass laws that gave him more power. The most famous and far-reaching of these was Resolution 288. Passed on 19 December 2784, Resolution 288 gave the Captain-General incredible power, including the right to convene and dismiss Parliament at will, the ability to appoint his or her successor, and sole direction of the League's military.
Titles and Positions
|Captain-General of the Free Worlds League
2763 - 2804
| Succeeded by|
- Handbook House Marik, p. 89, "Captains-General History"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 62, "Kenyon Marik Profile"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), pp. 26-27
- Handbook: House Marik, pp. 29-30
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 30, "Endgame"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 81, "Resolution 288: Key Points"