|X:Y Coordinates||−23.526 : −10.386[e]|
- 1 Political Affiliation
- 2 Graham IV
- 3 Map Gallery
- 4 Nearby Systems
- 5 References
- 6 Bibliography
- 2271 - Terran Alliance
- 2319 - Terran Hegemony
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony
- 2767 - Amaris Empire
- 2771 - Amaris Empire
- 2774 - Amaris Empire
- 2786 - Terran Hegemony
- 2793 - Sirian Concordance
- 2822 - Free Worlds League
- 3025 - Free Worlds League
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Free Worlds League
- 3063 - Free Worlds League
- 3077 - Word of Blake Protectorate'
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3135 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3145 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3150 - Wolf Empire (from October)
- 3151 - Wolf Empire
|Jump Point distance||9 days|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Tainted)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|History and Culture|
|Government and Infrastructure|
|Political Leader||Planetary Governor|
|Military Commander||Legate Edwin Ilner (3130)|
|Capital||New Dekirk City|
Graham IV was one of the worlds that remained a part of the Terran Alliance following the Outer Reaches Rebellion and the Demarcation Declaration of 2242, and became one of the worlds within the Alliance Core region of the Terran Hegemony.
Graham IV was initially settled by several Terran manufacturers because it possessed a great deal of raw materials useful in construction. Mitchell Vehicles and DeKirk Aerospace both established factories on the world to take advantage of these materials. Although the Star League Defense Force greatly benefited from Mitchell and DeKirk's presence on the world, Graham IV had at least six major corporations and countless smaller ones. Unfortunately this meant that Graham IV received a lot of attention from Stefan Amaris' troops during the Amaris Civil War.
Amaris Civil War
Amaris was planning on using the significant manufacturing capabilities of Graham IV to replace the losses he knew his forces were likely to take during his coup. Graham IV was both a world that had historically been on the border between states, and this, combined with the importance of Graham IV's industrial base had resulted in the SLDF placing a Space Defense System in the Graham system and building five Castles Brian on the planet. The Rim Worlds Republic forces managed to secure three of the five Castles without firing a shot when the coup began on 27 December 2766. The other two Castles would pose a significantly greater challenge.
The two remaining Castles Brian were Fort Baldwin, located near the planetary capital, DeKirk City, and Fort Ball. Each would take the better part of eight weeks to subdue; the Republican forces attempted to crack each with repeated nuclear strikes, although for the first four weeks the SLDF defenders managed to offer much more resistance in the air than the Republicans had anticipated, slowing the Republican campaign significantly. After eight weeks, the surviving SLDF troops in Fort Ball surrendered, only to be summarily executed by their Rim Worlds attackers. This prompted the surviving forces within Fort Baldwin to retreat into DeKirk City in an effort to continue the fight after the Fort Baldwin defenses were breached. The Republicans responded by giving DeKirk City one day to hand over the survivors, and when the population refused to comply, the Republicans levelled DeKirk City with a powerful nuclear weapon.
The widespread nuclear bombardment had leveled most of the planet's surface and destroyed the manufacturing complexes. The destruction of DeKirk City also revealed a secret Hegemony aerospace R&D facility built beneath the planet's capital, the Icarus Research Center, which was where most of the SLDF personnel had taken shelter; however, the nuclear strike had also caused the facility to collapse, not only destroying DeKirk City but turning the entire area into one large radioactive sinkhole. The radioactivity of the bombs used would prevent the search for lostech in its ruins for some time.
The Succession Wars
During the Succession Wars and later eras, Graham IV still had a small mining presence on the world that focused on the few resources and ores that could be safely removed. A few cities remained after the Amaris troops left, being deemed too small to warrant a nuclear strike. Unfortunately most of the planet is radioactive even today, and most of the population lives in two massive space habitats that orbit Graham IV.
Fourth Succession War
Following the sudden invasions of several League worlds by the Tikonov Free Republic and a daringly successful invasion of Callison by mercenaries employed by the Lyran Commonwealth in mid-3029, Captain-General Janos Marik found himself in the midst of an unanticipated crisis. In addition to the conquest of Callison, LCAF communications traffic and movements had spiked sharply, creating the impression of an impending offensive against the League. Faced with what he believed to be the plausible threat of a large-scale attack aimed at the region of the League near Terra, Janos was more concerned with saving the six or seven assorted BattleMech regiments present within the region than he was with retaining the worlds, as he believed that the offensive would most likely be aimed at snipping off the corner of the League closest to Terra - and to both the Federated Suns and the Tikonov Free Republic. Graham IV was one of the systems abandoned by Janos, who would learn later that he had been deceived by an effective campaign of smoke and mirrors arranged by the Commonwealth General of the Armies, Edward Regis, to deter the League from launching an invasion of the Commonwealth while the LCAF was heavily committed to its invasion of the Draconis Combine.
Graham IV was occupied by the Word of Blake during the Jihad, and on 23 September 3075 Graham IV was one of three worlds in the Protectorate to be raided simultaneously by unidentified forces. The raiders damaged the defending Protectorate and Militia forces, and were rumored to actually be drawn from the Word of Blake's own Shadow Divisions. Allied coalition forces fighting on the Free Worlds League front of Operation SCOUR liberated Graham IV in March 3078, although the campaign saw Clan Nova Cat forces operating as a part of the Free Worlds League front forces on Graham suffer crippling damage to one of their vital supply ships when it was hit by an aircraft packed with conventional fuel-air explosives.
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 241: "Graham IV World Profile"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 18
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, pp. 84–85
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 104
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138
- First Succession War, pp. 24–25
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 83 "Sirian Lancers: The Fury"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 34
- First Succession War, pp. 112–113
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), foldout: "Free Worlds League - Map"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 84
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58: "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii: "Inner Sphere - October 3085" (Map
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 91
- Shattered Fortress, p. 103
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere, p. 22: "Prefecture IX"
- The Star League, p. 172
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 87: "Conclusion"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 42: "Free Worlds League after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 51: "Free Worlds League after Fourth Succession War "
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 18: "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54: "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 80: "Terra's Doorstep"
- First Succession War, p. 138: "First Succession War Deployment Table - FWLM"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 137: "Deployment Table"
- Shattered Fortress, p. 91
- First Succession War, p. 125: "Shipbuilding Casualties of the First Succession War"
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Digest: Dark Age
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Shattered Fortress