Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Wyatt nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-67.26 : -8.337[e]|
- 1 System Description
- 2 System History
- 3 Political Affiliation
- 4 Planetary History
- 5 Star League era
- 6 Planetary Rulers
- 7 Military Deployment
- 8 Geography
- 9 Planetary Locations
- 10 Industrial Centers
- 11 Nearby Systems
- 12 References
- 13 Bibliography
The Wyatt system was settled at some point during or before the first half of the twenty-fourth century. By the end of the Reunification War, Wyatt was a member of the Tyrfing Province of the Terran Hegemony.
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2764 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2767 - Amaris Empire 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2772 - Terran Hegemony (from September)
- 2783 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2784 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2790 - Free Worlds League 
- 2791 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3028 - Free Worlds League (from October)
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3063 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3068 - Free Worlds League (from September)
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3079 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent world 
- 3145 - Wolf Empire 
- 3151 - Wolf Empire 
Star League era
First Succession War
Wyatt was annexed by the Free Worlds League early in the First Succession War, but the Marik Militia forces assigned to Wyatt withdrew in late 2790, leaving the planet open to conquest. The League had honored the titles of the Roark family on Wyatt when the world was annexed from the Terran Hegemony, in exchange for the Roark's fealty. That fealty was tested when two Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces regiments - the Fourth Donegal Guards and Fifth Lyran Guards - arrived to annex the planet in January 2791. A Lyran negotiator attempted to persuade Baroness Althea Roark to switch her allegiance to the Lyran Commonwealth, the previous Baron - Althea's husband - having left with the Star League Defense Force on the Exodus, but Althea's son and daughter - former Captain Stephan Roark of the SLDF and his sister, Dana - are opposed to breaking their oaths to House Marik, as is Stephan's uncle, retired SLDF General Bartolomeo Roark. The defending forces on Wyatt consisted of the Wyatt Militia - a force that can muster barely four lances of 'Mechs - and the personal 'Mechs of House Roark, which were dispersed around the various Roark landholdings across the world. Stephan and his allies fought against the annexation, but were undercut by the Baroness, who aligned House Roark with the Commonwealth to preserve the family's position on Wyatt.
Third Succession War
In 2991, the Free Worlds League launched a retaliation raid against Steiner forces on Wyatt. The purpose of this attack was to capture several Chippewa fighters for study. Several Dispossessed pilots with infantry support were dropped in secret on world. This team then infiltrated an airfield and flew off with six Chippewa fighters. Only four of these fighters eventually made it to Marik space and were later put into service with the Free Worlds League Military.
Fourth Succession War
In October 3028 Wyatt was targeted by the Free Worlds League Military as a part of Operation DAGGER, the offensive planned by Captain-General Janos Marik to seize valuable industrial worlds in the Federation of Skye. Wyatt was a particular target of DAGGER because of the presence of two Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces line regiments, the Eleventh Lyran Guards and Seventeenth Arcturan Guards; while the Fifth Regulan Hussars and Twenty-fifth Marik Militia jumped into the Wyatt system intent on destroying both regiments, other FWLM regiments were capturing the Milton and Phecda systems in an effort to isolate the Lyran forces.
Unfortunately for the two League regiments, the two Lyran regiments had been forewarned of the attack. The Hussars arrived at a pirate point allowing them to make an immediate drop on the surface of the planet, while the Militia appeared at the zenith jump point - only to find the Eleventh Lyran Guards waiting at the jump point, with the 'Mechs embarked on transports and aerospace fighters patrolling. Before the Militia could launch fighters the Eleventh's aerospace fighters began strafing attacks, with pairs of Chippewas and Lucifers each launching a single attack before withdrawing. The cumulative damage destroyed two Unions and a Leopard; worse still for the Militia, one of the DropShips was transporting a battalion command staff, and when it was destroyed, not only were those staff killed, but the DropShip then exploded, damaging a number of neighboring DropShips as they separated from their Invader-class JumpShip. With the Militia forces frantically trying to form up, the Eleventh retrieved its fighters and jumped out to the Alchiba system, while the Arcturan Guards jumped for Cor Caroli. Although the plan to destroy the two Lyran regiments was unsuccessful, the League did capture Wyatt.
Following the invasion of the Free Worlds League by the Skye and Bolan Provinces of the Lyran Alliance in what was termed Operation ÜBERSCHATTEN, Marshall Jeremy Brett took command of the local FWLM and launched a counteroffensive, under the name Operation BROKEN FIST. BROKEN FIST went beyond simply attempting to recapture worlds that the Lyrans had seized, striking into Lyran space at numerous worlds. Wyatt was one of the worlds hit and was captured by the League on the 1st of September 3068.
As a part of the fighting on Wyatt in 3068 the Bowie Industries plant was hit by a pair of 50-kiloton cobalt-laced nuclear weapons which devastated the plant and nearby Earhardt City. Multiplying the long-term effects of the nuclear strike against the Bowie plant was a Class Nine storm which proceeded to distribute the fallout across a wide swathe of the planet. So much of Wyatt's farmland was contaminated by fallout that the previously self-sufficient world was placed under a Famine Order, with food having to be imported until soil along the equatorial belt could be cleansed of radiation. Estimates at the time indicated that local fisheries would take at least twenty years to recover, and that without substantial assistance from the Free Worlds League or the Lyran Alliance, Wyatt would never recover to the point of having a self-sustaining economy again. The possibility that Wyatt would be unable to survive without imports and would become a dead world was considered very real.
Later in the Jihad the Word of Blake incorporated Wyatt into their Protectorate. Wyatt was one of three worlds to be liberated in January 3078 by forces from the allied coalition fighting on the Lyran front as a part of Operation SCOUR.
After the Jihad, Wyatt was annexed by the Republic of the Sphere.
When the Blackout struck in 3132, Wyatt was somehow erased from thousands of star charts in addition to losing HPG communications with the wider universe. While still not totally isolated this increased Wyatt's status as a backwater, which Jacob Bannson, through his local associate Rutger Chaffee, took advantage of to secretly ship in mercenaries and equipment, and provide him with a potential rabbit hole.
By 3135 Wyatt's HPG had been chosen by ComStar to play host to an attempted restoration. While the first attempt failed, the second, overseen by technical genius Tucker Harwell, proved successful and on May 5th, 3135, Wyatt's HPG had transmitted and received data with its counterpart on Thorin.
As many had anticipated, Harwell's success attracted the attention of other interested parties and Wyatt saw fighting between several factions throughout May that year, all intent on securing both the now-valuable planet and/or Harwell himself. These included the Republic's Wyatt militia, the Eagle's Talons from the Oriente Protectorate, Chaffee's Cut-Throats, a mercenary force affiliated with Bannson's Raiders, and the Purifier Pouncers Trinary from the Spirit Cats. On May 22, a new and mysterious force entered the fray, abducting Harwell and then vanishing.  
- Baroness Althea Roark
- Nineteenth Lyran Guards
- Seventeenth Arcturan Guards RCT
- Seventeenth Arcturan Guards RCT
- Seventeenth Arcturan Guards RCT
It was a planet of deserts and strange rock formations, perfect for defensive purposes.
| Closest 68 systems (65 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|New Dallas||21.1||Shiloh||21.2||Alioth||23.7||Cor Caroli||24.3|
|Menkent||42.6||Xi Ursae Majoris||43.1||Alphard||43.7||Graham||43.8|
- Shattered Fortress, p. 103, "Inner Sphere - 3151"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth after at their founding in "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Field Manual: SLDF, Inner Sphere 
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 104, "Rim Worlds Republic -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 118, "Digesting The Hegemony"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- A Soldier's Privilege
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War  Map"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 62-63, "Operation DAGGER"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 63, "Overview"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 22, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War "
- ' Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 41, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3067]
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 31, "Terran Corridor Deployment Map "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 3135"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 78
- Technical Readout: 3025, p. 162
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 21
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 17, "Environmental Impact"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- Target of Opportunity, Chapter 7
- Target of Opportunity, Chapter 8
- Era Report: 3145, p. 18, "Timeline of Events: 3135-3145"
- Target of Opportunity, Chapter 27
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 139, "First Succession War Deployment Table - LCAF"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 117, "Unit Deployment Table"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p.44, "Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 137, "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 27, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 19, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- Shattered Sphere, p. 47, "Lyran Alliance Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 170, "Clan Force Deployments - Wolf Empire"
- Technical Readout: 3050, p.162, "Archer"
- 20 Year Update
- A Soldier's Privilege (Short Story)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: Clans
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Objective Raids
- Shattered Sphere
- A Soldier's Privilege
- Target of Opportunity (novel)
- Technical Readout: 3025
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook)