Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Callison nearby systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-62.556 : -15.044[e]|
- 1 System Description
- 2 System History
- 3 Callison II
- 3.1 Planetary History
- 3.2 Political Affiliation
- 3.3 Planetary Rulers
- 3.4 Military Deployment
- 3.5 Planetary Locations
- 3.6 Map Gallery
- 3.7 Nearby Systems
- 3.8 References
- 3.9 Bibliography
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler||Allison Stewart, Governor (3130)|
Nehemiah Leif, Legate (3130)
Callison II—more commonly referred to simply as Callison—is the second of eight planets in the Callison system and has a single moon named Yngve.
Callison was originally settled by the Federation of Skye but after the Age of War it was controlled by the Free Worlds League. During the rise and fall of the first Star League Callison was jointly administered by the Free Worlds League and the Terran Hegemony. It only reverted to complete League control after the fall of the first Star League. The Terran Hegemony considered Callison to be a part of the Tyrfing Province of the Hegemony.
Fourth Succession War
Following Operation DAGGER, the Free Worlds League Military offensive against the Lyran Commonwealth, the League anticipated an alliance with the newly-formed Tikonov Free Republic and re-positioned a number of units in anticipation of a new offensive against the Commonwealth. One of the units re-positioned was the elite Marik Guard, a lightweight unit and significant source of Marik pride, noted for the high numbers of rare Land-Air 'Mechs within its ranks.
Captain-General Janos Marik was caught completely by surprise when Supreme Lord Pavel Ridzik chose to lead the Tikonov Free Republic Army against the League, launching attacks that seized several League worlds near Terra. Also shocked was the FWLM, with many units left in limbo as they waited to learn if the offensive against the Commonwealth would go ahead. In July 3029 the Marik Guard began preparations to leave Callison to travel to Talitha to fight against the TFRA when General of the Armies Edward Regis personally led the newly-hired Hsien Hotheads mercenary regiment in a surprise attack specifically targetting the Guard. Aware that the LCAF wasn't in a position to launch a major offensive but hoping to score a critical moral victory by humbling the prestigious Marik Guard, Regis had recruited the Hsien Hotheads and offered them triple the normal level of danger pay to launch the attack, led by Regis in his Catapult.
Emerging from a risky pirate point and navigating an asteroid field on approach to Callison, Regis expected a stiff fight from the Marik Guard, but the Lyrans were aided by confusion on Callison; mistaken for transport vessels due to arrive and relocate the Guard, the only aerospace forces that engaged the Hotheads during their approach to Callison were a trio of aerospace fighters from the Guard, who were easily pushed back by the Hotheads' fighters. On the ground, the bulk of the Guard were at the Fallosha Spaceport with supplies and spares stacked around the various runways, in anticipation of boarding transports. Half of the Guard were already aboard DropShips, leaving Colonel Takei Bryce-Marik with a scratch battalion of the Guard ready to fight. Bryce-Marik split his forces; launching half his available LAMs into the air to harass the dropping Hothead 'Mechs, he led the rest of his troops east into the Fallosha Valley, hoping to delay the Hotheads at their drop zones long enough for the rest of the Guard to disembark and reinforce him.
Despite constant harassing hit-and-run attacks from the Guard LAMs, Regis managed to lead the Hotheads to the spaceport, with the more dispersed formation Regis deployed the Hotheads in allowing them to launch effective anti-aircraft fire against the light LAMs attacking them. Once the Hotheads were able to engage some of the Guard on the ground the thin armor of the LAMs caused many to become combat casualties within the opening minutes of the battle, and soon the Hotheads were able to use the piles of precious supplies at the spaceport as cover. Unwilling to use their full strength and risk destroying the rare parts, the gunners on the League DropShips and the remaining elements of the Guard found themselves in an uneasy stalemate. Regis proposed to Bryce-Marik that the remaining Guard forces be allowed to leave Callison in exchange for leaving the supplies and salvage at the spaceport for the Hotheads, ceding control of Callison to the Commonwealth. With little choice other than to agree, the Marik Guard left the planet.
To defend itself against Lyran predation, Callison joined the Silver Hawks Coalition in 2966. Though this didn't stop the Lyrans from invading, it did make Callison a much more powerful world. Callison was able to repulse most Lyran aggressors until the Fourth Succession War when it was finally taken by mercenaries employed by the Commonwealth. After only a few decades however, Callison was liberated from the 11th Lyran Guards during Operation GUERRERO by the Fourth Free Worlds Legionnaires, 1st Free Worlds Guards, and Silver Hawk Irregular's Falcons regiment, who faced nearly no opposition.
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2767 - Amaris Empire 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2772 - Terran Hegemony (from September)
- 2784 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2785 - Free Worlds League 
- 2786 - Free Worlds League 
- 2822 - Free Worlds League 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3012 - Free Worlds League
- 3017 - Free Worlds League
- 3025 - Free Worlds League 
- 3029 - Lyran Commonwealth (from August)
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Free Worlds League 
- 3063 - Free Worlds League 
- 3067 - Free Worlds League 
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3079 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent World 
- 3145 - The Remnant 
- Twenty-eighth Marik Militia
- Eleventh Lyran Guards RCT
- First Free Worlds Guards
3130 to 3135
|Closest 72 systems (69 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Acubens||37.1||Graham||39.3||Xi Ursae Majoris||39.6||Chara||39.7|
|Procyon||57.7||Tania Borealis||57.9||Wasat||58.2||Blue Sava||59.5|
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 178, "Callison World Profile"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth at their Founding  Map"
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere, p. 18 "Prefecture VIII"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 86-87, "Callison"
- Shattered Sphere, p. 74
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Foundation ]"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation After Age of War ]"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 104, "Rim Worlds Republic -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 118, "Digesting The Hegemony"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 34, "Free Worlds League after First Succession War "
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War  Map"
- A Measure of Clarity
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Alliance after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3067]"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere  Map"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 19, "Lyran Commonwealth Deployment Map "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 138, "First Succession War Deployment Table - FWLM"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 108, "Unit Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 27, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 19, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- ComStar (sourcebook), p. 85, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 110, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 159, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 145, "Republic Armed Forces - Republic Remnant"
- Technical Readout: 3025, p. 8
- 20 Year Update
- ComStar (sourcebook)
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Report: LAAF
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League
- Field Manual: Updates
- First Succession War (Source Book)
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- Objective Raids
- Rock of the Republic (novella)
- Shattered Sphere
- Surrender Your Dreams (novel)