|X:Y Coordinates||−52.221 : 47.517[e]|
- 1 System Description
- 2 System History
- 3 Political Affiliation
- 4 Zebebelgenubi VI
- 5 Notes
- 6 Map Gallery
- 7 Nearby Systems
- 8 References
- 9 Bibliography
The Zebebelgenubi system was colonized at some point during or just after the First Exodus from Terra and was a member of the Federation of Skye when the Lyran Commonwealth formed in the mid-twenty-fourth century.
- 2271 - Inhabited world
- 2340 - Federation of Skye
- 2341 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2767 - Amaris Empire
- 2771 - Amaris Empire
- 2772 - Terran Hegemony (from September)
- 2782 - Terran Hegemony
- 2783 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2890 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 2891 - Draconis Combine
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance
- 3058 - Lyran Alliance
- 3063 - Lyran Alliance
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance
- 3068 - Free Worlds League (from November) / Lyran Alliance (from December)
- 3075 - Lyran Alliance
- 3079 - Lyran Alliance
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere
- 3134 - Clan Jade Falcon (from July)
- 3135 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3145 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3151 - Clan Jade Falcon
- 3152 - Isle of Skye
|Jump Point distance||40 days|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Plants|
|Landmasses||5 (Gastagne, Wurscht, Hershaim, Valius, Zeibleria)|
|History and Culture|
|Population||125,000,000 (2766), 70,000 (3028), 302,000,000 (3130)|
|Government and Infrastructure|
|Political Leader||Planetary Governor|
|Military Commander||Legate Nigel Jacques-Marinot (3130)|
|Capital||Gray Valley City|
Zebebelgenubi VI, more commonly referred to simply as Zebebelgenubi, is the sixth and outermost planet in the Zebebelgenubi system and has a single moon named Nachteufel. Zebebelgenubi has been host to at least two significant defense manufacturers during its history.
Zebebelgenubi was settled in the twenty-third century, soon gaining the appearance of being a frontier world as the colonists build settlements in the flatland coastal regions of the planet. The discovery of various kind of precious gemstones in the mountains across the world as well as deposits of industrial-grade silicon led to Zebebelgenubi developing high-tech industries, with electronics and robotics becoming the dominant industries on the planet. It was during this era that Zebebelgenubi's long association with the Terran Hegemony began, with the advanced robotics company Ulsop Robotics constructing a headquarters in the planetary capital, Gray Valley City, and subsequently becoming the Hegemony's prime developer for system defense networks using artificial intelligence systems.
Star League Era
The SDS networks designed by Ulsop Robotics became the standard for the Star League and were rolled out across every valuable system within the Terran Hegemony, combining drones controlled by artificial intelligence, orbital defense satellites and surface-to-orbit weapon batteries.
Amaris Civil War
The SDS networks that had become the crowning achievement of Zebebelgenubian engineering were what led Stefan Amaris to annex the world following his coup on 27 December 2766. Zebebelgenubi would unwillingly end up playing a significant role in the defense of the Amaris Empire; Amaris knew that retribution from the Star League Defense Force under General Aleksandr Kerensky for his coup was inevitable, and that the defense of his empire depended upon the Space Defense System developed by the SLDF. Amaris had made acquiring control of system SDS networks a priority during Operation APOTHEOSIS but the Rim Worlds Republic forces had only managed to secure control over six networks across the entire of the Hegemony.
Amaris' forces learned that the key developer of the SDS system was Ulsop Robotics of Zebebelgenubi, and in response Amaris made the training of loyal Republican SDS operators a priority. An intense three-year period of training activity promptly began on Zebebelgenubi, with technicians and researchers from Ulsop Robotics impressed into training several thousand Amaris' loyalists in SDS network operations. Partisans from the resistance attempted to disrupt the training, inviting harsh responses from Colonel Vargo Burkenya, the local Republican commander on the ground; after a successful resistance operation resulted in a fire at a training complex that injured more than a hundred Republican trainees and killed forty more, Burkenya responded by executing three hundred Ulsop Robotics personnel. This effectively ended the training of new operators by Ulsop Robotics staff, but Burkenya continued executing researchers and technicians at a rate of five for every Republican killed by the resistance up until he and his command staff were killed by partisan snipers two years later. By this point the Republicans had already trained enough operators and trainers that they needed no further external assistance.
Despite the months of training given by the Ulsop Robotics personnel to the first group of operators it still took more than two years for the Republicans to begin bringing SDS networks back online, particularly the most advanced of the systems, the Reagan SDS network in the Terra system. Amaris' forces weren't content with merely having the knowledge to enable them to control the SDS networks, however; they attempted to destroy all of the facilities owned by Ulsop Robotics on Zebebelgenubi, and in the act of razing the various facilities the AEAF forces also ravaged many of the major cities on the planet.
The damage inflicted on Zebebelgenubi by Stefan Amaris' forces was just the beginning of Zebebelgenubi's decline; the Succession Wars continued to degrade and demolish the population's industrial and technological base, pushing the world further and further into decline. Throughout the Succession Wars rumors persisted that there were lostech caches waiting to be discovered in hidden mountain facilities, but nothing was found that could arrest Zebebelgenubi's decline.
Following the invasion of the Free Worlds League by the Skye and Bolan Provinces of the Lyran Alliance in what was termed Operation ÜBERSCHATTEN, Marshall Jeremy Brett took command of the local FWLM and launched a counteroffensive, under the name Operation BROKEN FIST. BROKEN FIST went beyond simply attempting to recapture worlds that the Lyrans had seized, striking into Lyran space across numerous worlds. Zebebelgenubi was one of the worlds hit and was assaulted by the League forces on 17 October 3068. The League held Zebebelgenubi for five weeks, with Lyran forces recapturing the planet by the 27 November.
The Word of Blake Militia unit administering security to the HPG committed several random acts of violence. When the LAAF forces attempted to force them from the HPG compound, the Blakist tanks and infantry instead turned their guns on the compounds themselves. Though no vital components of the generators themselves were damaged, many supplementary facilities such as barracks and administrative buildings were heavily damaged.
Despite the battles fought between the Lyrans and League forces, the Jihad largely passed Zebebelgenubi by; the same technological and industrial decline that had left the planet a shadow of its former self also spared it the attention of the Word of Blake, although rumors persisted of Blakist forces launching clandestine raids deep in the most unreachable regions of Zebebelgenubi's mountain ranges during the height of the Jihad.
The Dark Age
Zebebelgenubi was one of the worlds to benefit from membership of the Republic of the Sphere; the relocation programs implemented by Exarch Devlin Stone led to an influx of new settlers transplanted from other Republic worlds, and Zebebelgenubi also attracted the interest of a group of ambitious executives from Joint Equipment Systems, a Federated Suns industrial manufacturer. Joint Equipment Systems constructed a satellite production facility just beyond the suburbs of Gray Valley City and manufactured state-of-the-art military and industrial support vehicles. The vehicles manufactured on Zebebelgenubi—which included the various JES missile transport range of vehicles—were sold primarily to the Republic of the Sphere government but also on a more limited scale to the governments of the Draconis Combine, Federated Suns and Lyran Commonwealth. The addition of the JES facility to the withered Zebebelgenubian industrial base provided a long overdue revitalization to the planet.
During the Dark Age, Gray Valley City remained the most industrialized of Zebebelgenubi's various cities, but the largest planetary spaceport was still based in Nantucket on the Wurscht continent. Whilst Gray Valley City had a spaceport, the Nantucket spaceport was half a kilometer longer, allowing it to accommodate more aerodyne DropShip traffic. Despite the revitalization of the Zebebelgenubian economy during the Dark Age the continents of Hershaim, Valius, and Zeibleria remained sparsely populated, with their respective shorelines home to the majority of the towns and small settlements found on each continent.
Zebebelgenubi orbits farther out from the system primary than any other body in the system, but despite its position as the outermost body the planet itself is warm and habitable. Considerably drier than Terra, Zebebelgenubi is dominated by mountains with a number of orphaned seas and lakes almost completely surrounded by mountain chains and those relatively few rivers to run across the various continents are following paths cut eons ago. The majority of the five major continents are dominated by rugged rock wastes; many of the mountain chains are covered with petrified woodlands, fossilized reminders of a long-ago age when water moved more freely across the planet's surface.
The two largest continents on Zebebelgenubi were both located in the northern hemisphere of the planet and were named Gastagne and Wurscht by those who colonized the world; the three smaller continents, one in the northern hemisphere and two in the southern hemisphere, were named Hershaim, Valius and Zeibleria respectively. Only in the coastal areas of each continent is there enough flatland to build successfully, and it was these regions of the planet that most of the planetary population was concentrated.
- Gray Valley City: planetary capital city and site of the Ulsop Robotics headquarters.
- Nantucket: city on the Wurscht continent and site of the largest planetary spaceport.
- Gabriel: city and site of the Adler Communications' headquarters.
- Various sources describe Zebebelgenubi as a Terran Hegemony world, despite the majority of maps showing the planet as being a part of the Lyran Commonwealth. This appears to have been clarified by Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2 which states that Zebebelgenubi was a Star League world conquered by forces from the Amaris Empire Armed Forces during the Amaris Civil War. As the most recently published source, this would appear to correct or supersede earlier texts such as The Star League and Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130).
|Closest 68 systems (65 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Alcor||29.2||Lyons||30.5||La Blon||32.5||Cor Caroli||33.6|
|Killbourn||58.4||Konstance||58.4||Nai-Stohl||59.2||Xi Ursae Majoris||59.2|
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 229: "Zebebelgenubi"
- Dominions Divided, p. 85
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 18
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 24
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. xi: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 25
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 38
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, pp. 88–89: "Preparing for the Inevitable"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 118: "Digesting the Hegemony"
- First Succession War, pp. 24–25
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 34
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122–123
- First Succession War, pp. 112–113
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 38
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 77: "The Battle for Skye"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), foldout: "Lyran Commonwealth Map - "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 42
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 132: "District and Prefecture Boundaries of Kurita Space"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 51
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61
- Era Report: 3052, p. 22
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 54
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29
- Inner Sphere, p. 61
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 56
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 46: "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 19
- Field Report: Clans, p. 29
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii: "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Flight of the Falcon, ch. 23
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11
- Shattered Fortress, p. 103
- The Star League, p. 179: "Zebebelgenubi"
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere, p. 20: "Prefecture IX"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 80: "Cometh Hell's Legions"
- Alliance Recovers Summer, Mizar
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 11, p. 4
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 16, p. 10
- Wanted: Breach of Contract
- BattleCorps Solaris Broadcasting Co., 10/01/3069: "Alliance Reclaims Summer, Mizar"
- BattleCorps Solaris Broadcasting Co., 08/08/3070: "Wanted: Breach of Contract"
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Dominions Divided
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: Clans
- Field Report: LAAF
- Field Report 2765: LCAF
- Field Report 2765: Periphery
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Inner Sphere
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 11
- Recognition Guide: ilClan, vol. 16
- Shattered Fortress