Izar nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-59.981 : 97.402[e]|
|Spectral class||K0V & B5VI|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||2 (Banta, Nunascus)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Fish|
|Ruler|| Marcus Rowanda, Governor (3130)|
Talia Svensson, Legate (3130)
The system known as Izar is actually a binary system; the major star in the system is a blue-white B5 supergiant, which is orbited by a cool orange K0 star. The two stars are separated by a substantial distance, substantial enough that planets were actually able to form close to both stars. Only one of the planets within the binary system, the world closest to the K0 star, developed both a breathable atmosphere and enough surface water to sustain life.
- 2237 - Terran Alliance (contested)
- 2240 - Independent world 
- 2340 - Federation of Skye 
- 2341 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3063 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3075 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3079 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3134 - Carnwath Coalition / Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3135 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3145 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- Second Skye Rangers
There are four major continents on Izar, the continents of Celta, Eddin, Morope and Trantara. Izar's orbit around the K0 star is approximately half as wide again as Terra's orbit around Sol, and this made Izar a cool world, with clouds and storms a commonplace occurence, even over the deep interior of the major continents. This makes nights on Izar very cold, but despite this the planet features fertile soil and native evergreen woods. Izar also boasts significant levels of various natural resources including industrial-grade metals and rare earth metals.
The first settlers on the planet quickly discovered that the only way they could use the rich soil of the planet for agriculture was to enclose their farms under domes with environmental sealing. The colonists made use of the ample resources to create a robust manufacturing industry and become largely self-sufficient; this would lead directly to Izar declaring itself an independent world during the Outer Reaches Rebellion.
The Terran Alliance responded by dispatching troops to occupy Izar in 2236 but those troops found that the planetary capital had been abandoned by the native Izarians and was completely deserted. The Alliance forces were able to occupy the capital without any contest, but found it almost impossible to penetrate the thickly forested hills around the capital, where much of the population had dispersed. Alliance patrols sent into the local surroundings invariably disappeared, and while the Izarians were primitively armed compared to the occupying forces, they were experts on the local terrain and could move easily in the woods where Alliance troops couldn't bring their high-tech but cumbersome weaponry into play.
The Succession Wars
As a part of the Federation of Skye, the independent nature of the Izarian population found a natural sympathy with the Free Skye movement; over the centuries since the Star League fell, many of the finest volunteers to join Free Skye would originate on Izar.
Despite being raided over the centuries Izar would not be conquered by a foreign power after joining the Lyran Commonwealth; despite this, the world was ceded peacefully into the Republic of the Sphere. By 3130 a second major spaceport was in place on the planet, located in the city of Rhyss on the southern continent of Trantara.
| Closest 52 systems (50 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Komephoros||26.4||Glengarry||26.4||Yed Prior||26.7||Yed Posterior||26.8|
Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130) indicates that Izar was a Terran Hegemony world which suffered damage at the hands of troops loyal to Stefan Amaris and which was incorporated into the Lyran Commonwealth/Federation of Skye during the First Succession War. However, Izar's location is well outside the Terran Hegemony borders, and Izar wasn't a border world, making it unlikely to be a suitable candidate for the shared control seen on some other planets. A Line Developer has confirmed that Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130) is incorrect.
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 211, "Izar World Profile"
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere, p. 20 "Prefecture IX"
- The Periphery, 1st Edition, p. 14, "Outer Reaches Rebellion"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Federation of Skye world within the Lyran Commonwealth befor  and after at their founding in "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 39 "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion "
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 30, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere "
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 19, "Lyran Alliance Armed Forces Deployment Table - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Wolf Hunters (novel)
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, pp. 18-19, "Skye Rangers" - Regimental Status
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 139, "First Succession War Deployment Table - LCAF"
- ComStar (sourcebook), p. 85, "ComGuards Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 168, "Alpha Galaxy (Clan Jade Falcon)"
- ComStar (sourcebook)
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report 2765: LCAF
- Field Report: LAAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- The Periphery (sourcebook)
- Wolf Hunters
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere