New Home Protectorate Militia
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
|New Home Protectorate Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3078)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The New Home Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in New Home. As of 3075 it was the only unit raised from this planet.
On 6 June 3075, the New Home Protectorate Militia was hit by the Fiftieth Shadow Division masquerading as Lyran forces that with carefully staged massacres purged the unreliable elements from the Militia, though it weakened the world's defenses.
When Stone's coalition forces assaulted New Home in March 3078, they engaged the 43rd Shadow Division and the New Home Protectorate Militia in an extended and deadly series of cat-and-mouse games with the Coalition command group, delaying the liberation of the world. The 43rd kept the stalemate in place until the middle of April, at which point a Blakist fleet used a near-planet jump to jump into the New Home system and deploy two more Shadow Divisions onto the planet. The resulting two-week battle saw the allied forces take heavy damage as they attempted to eradicate the three Shadow Divisions. The New Home campaign cost the allies two WarShips and more than three regiments of ground troops before the planet was finally in coalition hands, but also saw the 43rd, 45th and 47th Shadow Divisions destroyed along with a Blakist-suborned WarShip, the York-class CSJ Lioness. The end of the battle was a brutal urban warfare where the coalition fought block by block against the Blakist forces. The fighting was so intense - and damaging - that the Battle Corps Legion and the Nova Cat Sigma Galaxy took over seventy percent losses, and both escaped lightly compared to the 2nd Federated Suns Armored Cavalry and Ryuken-roku, which were effectively destroyed during the fighting. Cumberland's Missiliers suffered only fifteen percent damage.
Despite the liberation of New Home, at least some Word of Blake Protectorate Militia forces could still be found holding out on New Home as late as March 3079, when a mixed unit of 'Mechs, Vehicles and Battle Armor was confirmed to be operating from locations deep in the Great Spine Mountains, when elements from the unit were beaten by Grandin's Crusaders.
|Commanding Officers of the New Home Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment
- Total Chaos, p. 232-233, "NEW HOME"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 59, "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 125, "Shadow Divisions"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Captured Ships"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 73-74, "Victory At New Home"
- Total Chaos, pp. 188-189 "STICKY SITUATION"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 68, "Chaos Undaunted: Heavy Metal"
- Total Chaos, p. 230-231, "HEAVY METAL"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"