Poznan nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||62.546 : -81.213[e]|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Reptiles|
|Ruler|| Fernando Cruz, Governor (3130)|
Hsu-Chu Yang, Legate (3130)
- 1 Political Affiliation
- 2 Planetary History
- 3 Planetary Rulers
- 4 Geography
- 5 Planetary Locations
- 6 Military Deployment
- 7 Nearby Systems
- 8 References
- 9 Bibliography
- 2317 - No record 
- 2320 - Duchy of Liao 
- 2366 - Tikonov Grand Union 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2764 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation  
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation  
- 3030 - Federated Suns  
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Chaos March  
- 3063 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation  
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation  
- 3081 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3085 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent world 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
Poznan was colonised in the twenty-second century by a mix of refugees from Spain, Poland and Portugal on Terra, and named for the first capital city of Poland. The colonists settled in different regions of Poznan, with the Poles settling on the northern continents of Boleslaw and Mieszko because of the resemblance both continents had to their homeland, whilst the Portuguese colonists settled on the island continent of Galicia. The most numerous contingent of settlers, those from Spain, settled across four equatorial continents, Barcelona, Palma, Seville and Zaragoza, establishing the settlement that would become the planetary capital, New Madrid, on Barcelona, Poznan's largest continent. The Spanish in particular thrived, trading with both of the other ethnic groups.
Poznan flourished over the next two centuries, but life on the planet wasn't entirely smooth; in the early twenty-fourth century the Polish and Spanish populations fought an ugly, brutal civil war over control of the continent of Palma, a war that the Spaniards won, and which led to the formation of a planetary government. In 2320, a few years after the end of the civil war, Poznan was offered membership of the Duchy of Liao.
Age of War
Poznan's population expanded dramatically after joining the Duchy of Liao; by the early twenty-seventh century the population was ten times what it had been in 2320, and the greater part of the population growth came from the immigration of settlers of Chinese descent, leaving the Spanish into a minority - and a minority that was treated very much as a minority, creating discontent among the Spanish population.
During the era of the Tikonov Grand Union or the Age of War Poznan was affiliated with the Sixth Tikonov Lancers, a regiment within the Tikonov Lancers brigade who earned the nickname of the "Jolly Poznan Lancers".
Fourth Succession War
FedCom Civil War
The Confederation annexed Poznan during the FedCom Civil War, leaving the population nervous and uncertain about their future. Chancellor Sun-Tzu Liao decreed that nothing would change in how Poznan was governed, and this act more than any other won the hearts of the population.
Poznan was incorporated into the Word of Blake Protectorate during the Jihad, but the Capellan Confederation launched a campaign to recapture the world in 3077. By the 18th of August Poznan was a Capellan possession once more, thanks to the efforst of Warrior House Dai Da Chi, but the population had suffered as a result of the nuclear and chemical weapons both the CCAF and Word of Blake forces had used against each other during the struggle for the world.
The Dark Age
The incorporation of Poznan into the Republic of the Sphere by Devlin Stone led to discontent amongst the population, with malcontents and dissidents a regular feature of life on the planet throughout the duration of the Republic's existence.
By April 3135, and even though several reforms, such as recognizing holidays and events that support the Asian heritage of so many Poznan residents had fallen, there were some senators proposing to join the Capellan Confederation.
Despite that, the planetary militia fought against the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces when the CCAF moved to annex the world in the aftermath of the Fortress Republic announcements; reports of the fighting between the militia's Third Battalion and CCAF troops south-southwest of New Shanghai City in January 3136 were distributed as news by LinkNet as an example of the continuing struggles between remnant Republic Armed Forces units and the advancing Capellan forces throughout Prefectures V and VI.
Poznan has seven continents; the largest of these is Barcelona, which is one of four continents located on the equator, the others being Palma, Seville and Zaragoza. The continents of Boleslaw and Mieszko lie in the northern hemisphere, whilst the seventh continent, Galicia, is an island continent. Galicia is rich in minerals - particularly titanium ore - and precious metals. Boleslaw and Mieszko are cooler than the equatorial continents; the larger of the two, Boleslaw, is also the more mountainous, while Mieszko has more rolling hills and flatlands. Despite the slight differences in terrain, both have large reserves of iron ore and petroleum as well as arable land. The largest freshwater lake on the planet, Lake Lednica, is located on Miescko.
- New Madrid: the planetary capital city, located on Barcelona.
- New Shanghai City: a city on Poznan.
- - At this point in time House Dai Da Chi is operating at 60% of full strength, with 100% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
| Closest 76 systems (74 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Conwy||18.1||St. Andre||19.7||Gan Singh||21.0||Kansu||22.1|
|Foot Fall||43.0||Almach||43.0||Zaurak||43.3||New Macao||43.8|
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 111, "Poznan World Profile"
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere, p. 12 "Prefecture V"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 18, "Federated Suns at their Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding - "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War - [2822 Map]"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns after Third Succesion War -  Map"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. vii, "Capellan Confederation Map - "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns after Third Succesion War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 72, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succesion War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - "
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 21, "Federated Suns Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii , "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: Capellan Confederation 2765, p. 15, "Tikonov Lancers"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 9
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 57, "The Jihad in Review"
- Dark Age: 3135 PDA Journals, p.167 "05 April 3135"
- Dark Age: LinkNet Articles (3136), p. 11, "Battlefield Report -- Poznan"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 105 - "Unit Deployment Table"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 15, "Poznan"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 9, "Warrior House Regimental Status"
- Dark Age: LinkNet Articles (3136)
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- 20 Year Update
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: AFFS
- Field Report: CCAF
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere