- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- You Can Now Play MechWarrior 2 And MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries On Your Browser... Sort Of
- Talking BattleTech Fiction with Philip A. Lee
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Read more →
|Chassis||Curtiss Wraith Endo Steel|
|Armor||Kallon FWL Special Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||LTV 385 XL|
|Communications System||CurtissComm Mk I|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dynatec 2780|
|Jump Jets||CurtissJet 55|
The Wraith marked Curtiss Militech's entry into BattleMech production. When the design was announced, many felt that the design would be little more than a walking water cooler. What the critics got was a shock. The Wraith is a 'Mech that, when properly employed, can wreak havoc on an enemy with its astounding speed and maneuverability. It is built around a massive LTV 385 XL Engine that allows it to reach speeds of just under 119 kph. The 'Mech is also fitted with seven CurtissJet 55 jump jets which allow it to jump up to two hundred and ten meters, giving it the ability to outmaneuver most BattleMechs in existence, and also allowing the Wraith to quickly traverse any rough terrain. The 'Mech's speed, firepower, and decent armor make the Wraith a considerable threat to many 'Mechs - some being almost twice its weight.   Following the the destruction of its sole factory, Curtiss Hydroponics announced its withdrawal from the military market altogether and the sale of its Curtiss Militech assets. By 3085, Hellespont Industrials have expressed interest in the Wraith; and by 3145 Production had been ongoing at one of Hellespont Industrials locations in the Sian Commonality for Capellan use.  
Weapons and Equipment
The Wraith has a simple, yet effective, weapons payload. The 'Mech is armed with a Tronel XIII Large Pulse Laser that provides the majority of its firepower. Backing this up is a pair of Tronel XII Medium Pulse Lasers that provide firepower for close-in work. This pulse laser weaponry allows the 'Mech to negate most of the side effects on accuracy that are introduced by the Wraith's heavy use of jump jets, making it incredibly accurate and powerful for such a lightly armed 'Mech.
- A modification of the Wraith made by the Word of Blake, the TR3 replaces the two Medium Pulse Lasers with two ER Medium Lasers while one of the jump jets is removed to make room for an improved C3 computer, making the Wraith an incredibly powerful point 'Mech for units equipped with C3i equipment. BV (1.0)= 1,111, BV (2.0)=1,310
- TR2-X Wraith Alexander
- Developed under the guidance of Angelique Claw for Zellbrigen Stables, the Wraith Alexander combines Experimental Technology from the Clans and Inner Sphere to create a unique 'Mech. The use of a Clan-made XL Engine keeps the speed high, and allows for the installation of more equipment. The jump jets, Endo Steel structure, and Snub-Nose PPC are of Inner Sphere manufacture, but the two ER Medium Lasers, Ferro-Fibrous Armor, and twin Partial Wings were built by the Clans. The partial wings increase the Wraith's jump range to 270 meters. BV (2.0) = 1816
- TR2-P Wraith Pocahontas
- Debuted in 3141 on the Tennessee Valley Arena and piloted by Ira Kuhn-Bedard, the variant keeps the best features of this hundred-year-old machine and make it even better. With Clan Ferro-Lamellor Armor improving its resistance to nearly all forms of damage and combined with a Clan-spec XL Engine model instead of the original Inner Sphere one to improve endurance. MASC boosting its land speed, and four Clan ER Medium Lasers replacing all the original weaponry. A Hatchet has been fitted to make it more appealing to the viewers of the Solaris Games. BV2 = 2,051.
- A notable pilot is Aris Sung from House Hiritsu, who used the agility of his Wraith to great effect during the Capellan-St. Ives War. 
- Field manual: 3145, p. 29, "Sian Commonality"
- MUL online date for the Wraith
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, pp. 46-47, "Wraith 'Mech Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3055, pp. 50-51, "Wraith 'Mech Profile"
- Field manual: 3145, p. 29, "Sian Commonality"
- Field manual: 3085, p. 22, "Sian Commonality"
- Master Unit List: Battle Values, p. 170
- Experimental Technical Readout: Gladiators, p. 4
- Experimental Technical Readout: Royal Fantasy, pp. 18 "TR2-P Wraith Pocahontas"
- The Capellan Solution
- Experimental Technical Readout: Gladiators
- Field Manual: 3145
- Master Unit List
- Master Unit List: Battle Values
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3055
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade
- The Capellan Solution (series)
- The Killing Fields
- Threads of Ambition
- Experimental Technical Readout: Royal Fantasy