- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- MechCombat from Ralph H. Reed
- Catalyst, Coronavirus, And Clan Invasions - Interview With BattleTech Art Director Brent Evans
- Read more →
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Armor||StarSlab 511 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Vlar 300 XL|
The War Dog is a 'Mech that was originally designed by the Star League for use by the SLDF and was thought to be lost to time. Plans for the War Dog were rediscovered by Snord's Irregulars and were turned over to the Blackwell Corporation. The War Dog has since become a powerful and respected force on the modern battlefield. A Vlar 300 XL Engine propels the 'Mech to a top speed of 64.8 km/h. The 'Mech is also built using double heat sink technology. This was done to dissipate the massive amount of heat from the War Dog's advanced weaponry. For protection from advanced enemy electronics, the War Dog carries a Guardian Interface Model 2B ECM Suite. Finally, the 'Mech bears twelve tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor for conventional protection.
Weapons and Equipment
The War Dog carries the long ranged and capable Grizzard Gauss Rifle as its primary weapon. It is backed up at medium to long ranges by a highly accurate Blankenburg Large Pulse Laser. For close combat situations, the 'Mech is armed with two Martell Medium Pulse Lasers, a Martell Small Pulse Laser, and two Holly Streak SRM-2 One Shot Packs Streak SRM-2 launchers. For added defense against missile attacks, the 'Mech carries a Burow Anti-Missile System.
- The 03FC variant of the War Dog modifies the 'Mech to carry a more devastating close to intermediate range arsenal. The primary long range weapon is an ER PPC. As the 'Mech closes it brings its devastatingly powerful Heavy Gauss Rifle to bear on an enemy. Finally, for close ranges, the 'Mech's weapons loadout is augmented with three ER Medium Lasers and two Medium Pulse Lasers. The 03FC model also carries a C3 Slave unit to share targeting data with allied units. BV (1.0) = 1,522 BV (2.0) = 1,962
In German products the unit's proper name was altered to Kampfhund, which rather means Attack Dog. The model code was accordingly changed to KP-HD-02FC.
- MUL online date for the War Dog
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 105
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 106