|Zorya Light Tank|
|Engine||140-rated internal combustion engine|
|Communications System||Consolidated BMR 6c|
|Targeting Tracking System||TRTTS Mark II w/Artemis IV FCS|
The Zorya Light Tank is an inexpensive combat vehicle whose biggest asset is that it is simple to use. This cheap vehicle uses an internal combustion engine and standard armor to save on cost, owing to it being the most prevalent vehicle in use by the Clans of Kerensky. Moreover, the controls are basic, so the three-person crew can easily learn their roles.
The Zorya is protected by a scant three and a half tons of armor, with most of that concentrated on the vehicle's front and turret. The slow tank can only manage 64 km/h, another victim of the cost-cutting measures used in the construction of the vehicle. An ECM Suite helps defend the Zorya and nearby allies against enemy electronics, but this often has the effect of making the tank into a magnet for enemy fire.
Weapons and Equipment
The Zorya cannot take much punishment, so it is designed to stay out of range of most enemy guns. The turret carries both weapons, a Type OVR-X LB-X Autocannon/5 and a Type X "Short Bow" LRM-10 launcher with an Artemis IV Fire Control System. Both of these weapons have a long range and can be effective against VTOLs, making the Zorya quite capable against them. Ample autocannon ammunition allows the Zorya's crew to switch between cluster and slug munitions.
- This variant of the Zorya was introduced during the Succession Wars era. It drops the Artemis IV FCS for increased ammunition for the LB 5X Autocannon. Additionally, the vehicle's armor was increased, mainly in the front and turret areas. BV (2.0) = 573
- Based on the Ammo variant, this Jihad variant of the Zorya drops the LRM launcher for a turret-mounted ATM-6 Launcher with 20 rounds of ammunition. The vehicle's internal combustion engine is dropped for a fuel cell engine, increasing its top speed to 80 km/h. BV (2.0) = 693
Original Zorya from TRO:3060
- ↑ MUL online date for the Zorya
- ↑ Combat Operations, p. 108
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 74
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 50-51, "Zorya Vehicle Profile"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 75, "Ammo variant of the Zorya".
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 76, "ATM variant of the Zorya".