1993 Update Flyer
|1993 Update Flyer|
|Primary writing||Scott Jenkins|
|Cover artwork|| Les Dorscheid|
Steve Venters (back)
|Era||Clan Invasion era|
It is 8 pages including the front and back cover.
- Down & Out in Temp Town (by Scott Jenkins), a short story of just over 2 pages depicting a down-on-his-luck Wolverine pilot being recruited by a fellow MechWarrior for Theodore Kurita and the Explorer Corps around the time when they began searching for the Clan capital world of Strana Mechty (ca. 3055).
- A centerfold section advertising various new or upcoming (as of 1993) BattleTech products:
- Boxed products:
- Game Supports:
- New 'Mechs:
The Explorer Corps Campaign Set that was advertised here as a boxed set was never published in this form. The project was instead reduced to what became the Explorer Corps sourcebook. In a similar vein, the summary given for (The) Far Country is markedly different from the actual content of the novel that was ultimately published under this name.
- The illustration for the cover was re-used from the Luthien (scenario pack).
- In typical FASA fashion the two new 'Mechs featured were thinly veiled references to another intellectual property (the Looney Tunes characters of The Road Runner and The Tasmanian Devil). Both 'Mechs are fully canonical now owing to being published in other canonical products, but in both cases the exact version presented in the Update Flyer as reports by ComStar ROM field operatives behind Clan lines in the Clan Jade Falcon occupation zone turned out to be misreports or canon rumors.
- The Roadrunner was revisited in Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 1, with corrected stats that included a slightly lower ground speed than reported in the Update Flyer. It was revealed that its Clan designation was Emerald Harrier.
- The Devil was established to be a variant of the Howler (Baboon) in Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, with significantly different stats compared to the version published in the Update Flyer.