|Manufacturer||Novy Minsky Armaments Plant|
|Chassis||Type-A Endo Steel|
|Armor||Type 2 Ferro-Fibrous w/ CASE|
The Howler was first observed among Clan Jade Falcon second-line units, though it has since been proven to be much more widespread. The BattleMech the Inner Sphere dubbed the Baboon is moderately fast for a 'Mech its size, topping out at 119 km/h. Its armament is at least partially enabled by the use of an Endo Steel structure and three tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor.
 Weapons and Equipment
The Howler is a potent missile boat for its size. Meant to provide fire support to light garrison Stars, the 'Mech carries three LRM-5 launchers and three tons of ammunition.
- Howler 2
- The Howler was redesigned by Clan Steel Viper scientists to improve their light, second-line units. A smaller, Extralight Engine provides the space for four ATM 3s along with two tons of ammunition. Though the 'Mech's running speed is reduced, it uses MASC to accelerate to 130 km/h in short bursts. BV (1.0) = 634, BV (2.0) = 757
- Howler 3 "'Devil"
- Clan Snow Raven scientists refitted many captured Howler 2s with an ER PPC and a Targeting Computer, turning the 'Mech into a sniper. This variant is the official and canonical incarnation of the BattleMech that was (inaccurately) decribed in the 1993 Update Flyer as the 30-ton TZ-1 Devil, reportedly spotted in the Clan Jade Falcon occupied zone around 3055. BV (1.0) = 1,048, BV (2.0) = 1,277
- ↑ MUL online date for Howler (Baboon)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Master Unit List: Battle Values, p. 66
- ↑ 1993 Update Flyer, p. 7