1st Oriente Hussars
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- A Special New Year's Community Outreach - Nic from Sarna!
- Did You Know? - Scout ‘Mechs
- MWO World Championship Analysis with BanditB17 and mdmzero0
- Read more →
|First Oriente Hussars|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Oriente Hussars|
During the Revolt the unit was loyal to Janos Marik. The command was a part of a larger taskforce but the troops were surprised by the assault of several units loyal to Anton. After heavy fighting Janos soldiers gained victory but this was their only engagement.
Has standing orders to participate in exercises against the Ducal Guard on Tamarind. "Accidents" are common during these exercises, as though the two units respect each other, they do not like each other. The 3058 exercises, for example, destroyed two live-fire ranges and inflicted 132 million M-Bills of damage.
The First Oriente Hussars didn't participate in Operation Bulldog.
The First Oriente Hussars were able to avoid most of the heavy fighting that took place during the Jihad. They were stationed on Dayr Khuna where they suffered losses from near-constant attacks by the Principality of Regulus. The Hussars constantly tried to get a formal stand-up fight and the raiding Regulan forces didn't oblige them, preferring instead to execute swift raids. Eventually the 1st Fusiliers of Oriente stopped the raids by initiating a series of raids along the Regulan border. The morale of the First Oriente Hussars plunged as they were not able to defeat the Regulans without help. This situation (and morale problem) was worsened by the rivalry that existed between the Oriente Hussars and the Fusiliers of Oriente.
By 3145 the First Oriente Hussars had spent six years defending Atreus. They participated in Operation HOMECOMING in 3139 and stayed in place as part of the world's garrison. They repelled several raids by Regulan forces during their time on Atreus. They were reduced to a two battalion formation, and normally one battalion was stationed at Atreus City while the other trained against the 2nd Free Worlds Guards.
The command have their difficult in operations were few forces were needed, but when they can bring their full strength to bear the unit brings the best results. By 3067 the First Hussars had improved their tactics and were able to operate effectively at the regimental, battalion, and company level. Counterinsurgency tactics, however, continued to elude them.
First Oriente Hussars (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Pierre Mondou
- CO: Colonel Roger Harsila
- CO/1st Battalion: Colonel Roger Harsila
- XO: Force Commander Chris Raeburn
- 2nd Battalion: Force Commander David Kendal
- 3rd Battalion: Force Commander Hasmukhrai Varia
- Wing Commander: Lieutenant Commander Sami Heinrich
- Armor Commander: Force Commander Abner Salazar
- Troop Commander: Lt. Colonel William Nunn
First Oriente Hussars (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Colonel Roger Harsila
First Hussars Aerospace (Wing/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Commander Hildrid Aling
Ninth Guardians of Trellisane (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Adam Pardgrin
Seventeenth Protectors of Trellisane (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Indrajit Balboni
First Oriente Hussars (2 Battalions/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Commander Herminia Foley
First Hussars Aerospace Wing (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Commander Lawrence Mueller
Third Oriente Heavy Armor (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Jonathan Wiley
Seventh Oriente Rifles (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Cindy McPherson
- Historical: Brush Wars, p. 29
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 92, "1st Oriente Hussars Unit Profile"
- Field Report: Free Worlds League, p. 10
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 84
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 104
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 100
- 20 Year Update, p. 57, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 38, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3054"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 161, "AFFS Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 91, "FWLM Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 115, "Free Worlds League Military"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 152, "1st Oriente Hussars"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 108, "FWL Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 161